Sign in to follow this  

07 CRF450 HP #'s

Peak numbers are 49.6 HP and 32.8 lb/ft of torque. SAE corrected on a Dynojet 200 dyno. Bone stock. Our 06 test bike came in at 49.3 and 32.2 bone stock. In case anyone was wondering.

New cam tower assy is very cool. Way lighter than the 06 model, and less moving parts. Unfortunately means a new cam for the aftermarkets. Revised intake ports and the exhaust valves are smaller as advertised. New carb and AP linkage. The old arm (the black portion) for the AP used to follow the delay adjuster, now it's in front of the adjuster. No need to safety wire the linkage any more, although the bike still bogs. Haven't gotten to the diaphragm and leak jet yet though. New AP cover means that Boyesen is going to need to poop out a new casting.

I also have the cam timing info but I'm sure that will bore all of you...

e

So to swap the 07 head with the 05-06 would require replacing the cam, and cam towers correct?

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the info i heard that the cam had been changed owell we had a good run for quite a few years being able to sell the same parts .

I think it's change for the better, but it is inconvenient. I don't think you're going to see a big improvement swapping out your 05-06 head for an 07, unlike the 250. As it looks right now though if you want an 07 head on your older model you'll need the entire cam tower assy as well.

Actually it looks like you can run the same cast tower piece minus all of the decomp stuff.

55? You have been misinformed...I don't even think you would see 55 at the crank.

dont forget... different dynos put out different numbers. somone might have dynoed a 450 and gotten close to 55 while emoney got 49.... :thumbsup:

For some reason I thought I have read somewhere that a stock CRF was putting 55HP to the rear wheel. Weird.

Honda's stated hp every year has been 55hp at the crank...most have dyno'ed at 48-50 rear wheel.

Honda's stated hp every year has been 55hp at the crank...most have dyno'ed at 48-50 rear wheel.

oh, yeah i always thought 55 also. :thumbsup:

I also have the cam timing info but I'm sure that will bore all of you...
Except us tech types. Go ahead and post it :thumbsup: .

The title says 53 or 55 for my 04

The title on my 06 yami 450 says "60"!! Yeah right, I wish