Sign in to follow this  

Dusty Cleavage still a go?

I can't make it cuz I'm from Conconully WA and we have a 41,000+ acre forest fire in our back yard. All my riding area is closed due to fire management. They are using our field for a helibase. That's sorta cool to look out and see 6 big helicopters. We have over 500 members of different hot shot teams staying at fire camp in the state park. More visiters than the resort town sees most all summer. The forest was full of beatle kill trees so it needed to burn to start a new growth of trees. But I feel bad for the healthy trees (until the bug got to them), and the little animals. But we should have some good snowmobiling this winter. Lots of new country to explore. Before you couldn't get thru the tree. Well all you have fun on your ride. Maybe next year.

You guys are MISSING the BIGGEST point of all this!!!!

Post pictures of the FIREMEN! are they hot??????

You guys are MISSING the BIGGEST point of all this!!!!

Post pictures of the FIREMEN! are they hot??????

Dang, I've been married too long. It didn't even OCCUR to me!!! :thumbsup:

The tittle really grabbed my attention... :ride: I thought Id stop in for a peek :applause:

Then you girlies ruined the image for me :thumbsup: It could have been such a beautiful sight.

John in Vegas

I would post pics but haven't a clue how???????????? Help me. I am a barber so I'm gonna go to fire camp and see if any of those guys needs a haircut???!! :thumbsup::ride::applause:

The tittle really grabbed my attention... :ride: I thought Id stop in for a peek :applause:

Then you girlies ruined the image for me :thumbsup: It could have been such a beautiful sight.

John in Vegas

Oh you poor thing!

Slederchic, just take a bunch of pics, post them to a Photobucket account, and post the link here.

Slederchic, just take a bunch of pics, post them to a Photobucket account, and post the link here.

Photobucket is free, btw.

To answer your "Dusty Cleavage" question, YEP! it is still a go!!!! I will be riding it tomorrow!!! Last year we had an awesome time with 21 gals and 31 total riders(most of the extras were kids). This year we are splitting into a fast group and an intermediate group. I will post pictures of this years ride.

Yes, the Dusty Cleavage was a success. We had 4 gals (plus 2 guys, one cameraman and one helper) on the Advanced Ride that went 40 miles and hit some nice loose shale hillclimbs. I conquered the hill that broke my clutch perch a couple years ago. This time it seemed like no big deal at all, funny how what seemed so difficult a short time ago is easy now. I hit a soft shoulder at a pretty good clip and my bike and I slid down the bank a few feet, had to get a little help to drag the ol 5hunny back up onto the trail but other than that no get offs.

Not sure how many we had on the 20 Mile Beginner/Intermediate Ride but I think there was at least 16 gals with some helpers and some S/O's along too.

Karl went along with my daughter and his daughter on the 20 mile ride and they had fun but my little one crashed a couple times so I was told. I wanted to ride with her but Tia and Becky said I had to go with them and my daughter was okay with it (tried to talk her into going with me but she didn't want to ride that far). One of the other girls took a spill and scraped up her elbow and tummy pretty good, she won the "Best Crash" award. I won the "Dustiest Cleavage" award, I think I ate dust off of some of the smaller bikes for several miles cause I got tired of hanging back waiting for the dust to settle, it never seemed to settle at all since there was no breeze at all.