Sign in to follow this  

yz250 jetting Q's

I have a 95' yz250, i am a newb on jetting so i know my bike isnt running its best. It was jetted pretty good and pullin hard, but then came top end change time and the jetting is way off. So I messed around with the needle clip and its currently on the 2nd position from the top. It is pullin alot harder but only about 70-75% of what it did before. it has a 175 main and 48 pilot. it still fouls plugs but only when i turn the bike off and park it for 30min or more. i have already bought a 170main and 45 pilot. it seems to lack most its power up top. Should i put the 170 in with the same clip position or what. Please help me out it would be grealty appreciated!

You need to concentrate on the pilot circuit first, then needle, then main. You're trying to tune all your circuits at once. One at a time is the correct way to do it.

Take another good look at the powervalve linkage and make sure you put it on right. It is expremely rare for a top end to cause jetting problems. Maybe if the top end was worn so bad that someone rejetted for that rather than redo the rings. :thumbsup: