Sign in to follow this  

CR125 idle

THe idle is fine when I start the bike but once i give it throttle it goes up really high but never goes down just stays at that steady high pace idle what can i do to lower that?

check for an air leak, lube the cable, make sure your slide in the carb aint sticking, and tap the carb bowl for good measure.

Mxjunk, gave some good suggestions, the only thing I would add is your pilot may be very lean.

Which way would i turn the air screw if i am having trouble getting my bike to idle?

i had this problem and it turned out that the cylinder flange nuts started to vibrate loose and one of them actually came off. this caused a big leak and the same symptoms you have described...the exhaust valve cover actually cracked as well...i dont know why or how but it was either a cause for the high idle or an effect of the loss of compression. idk. but just give everything a good check and make sure everything is torqued to spec.

thanks i think it could be the air screw its on a buddies bike and he mentioned that he had messed with it so that could be it

If its ok when its cold but too high when its hot, Id say its probably (the screw) open too far. Remember its an AIR screw. When you open it, its getting more air in the idle circuit leaning it out.