Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket seat for 05' YZ250

I need an aftermarket seat for my 05' YZ250 as the stock one is just unbearablly hard. I wrote to GUTS and they recommended a medium foam base (i'm 230 lbs) and they will do the work for about a 100 bucks which isnt bad. Throttly Jockey doesnt offer the foam base, just the covers. SDG offers a complete seat, but people havent rated them very highly as they arent much more comfortable than the stocker. Anyways, does anybody else have aftermarket seats and if so, what do you recommend? Thanks.

I just bought and installed a GUTS seat on my wifes 06 YZ125. I installed the 05 seat (because its 10mm lower than the 06 seat) and I got it in the soft foam.

As you know, GUTS offers a soft, medium and normal.

I personally think the soft is way too soft and mushy. And its new, so I cant imagine how soggy it will be once its fully broken in. But, the wife loves it so thats all that matters.

I personally love the stock 06 seat (tall and firm). I like them hard because it allows for easier movement, sends more body signal to the wheels, and makes it easier to stand back up.

So yeah, if you want it softer, I would first try the medium as GUTS suggested. Although, I was not 100% impressed with the seat foam perfection in shape, but for aftermarket its ok I guess.

I need an aftermarket seat for my 05' YZ250 as the stock one is just unbearablly hard. I wrote to GUTS and they recommended a medium foam base (i'm 230 lbs) and they will do the work for about a 100 bucks which isnt bad. Throttly Jockey doesnt offer the foam base, just the covers. SDG offers a complete seat, but people havent rated them very highly as they arent much more comfortable than the stocker. Anyways, does anybody else have aftermarket seats and if so, what do you recommend? Thanks.

I highly recommend GUTS Racing. Their customer service is top notch! The med foam should be perfect. I used their med high foam on my last 3 bikes ('03 YZ250f, '04 & "06 CRF450R) and have no complaints. I tried SDG, but it didn't fit well and the foam did not hold up! Does the $100 include the foam, cover and install? That's not too bad if it does. I usually do my own installs. It takes a little time, but usually comes out pretty good.

Yeah, the 100 dollars (plus a couple dollars) is for everything. I guess i'm going with the GUTS seat. Seems to be everybodys preference. Thanks.