Sign in to follow this  

race gas

race gas is good stuff...

4 banger go with something like VP ultimate 4...

2 stroke I recomend running C12...

Race Gas is a higher octane and sometimes leaded and/or oxygenated version of gasoline. It's a bit more refined, and thus higher quality than pump gas. Most shops carry it, but it's pricey. Check out the VP fuelvarious products http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html

no its not premixed. normal pump gas, lets say is highest at 91 or 92 octane. race gas is about 104 octane. burns cleaner and runs crisper

ok what kind should i run for a really moddified crf250r engine to get the most power

No it has higher octane. By like 20.

This is ABSOLUTELY false. Expecially U4. VP U4 is like 91 octane. It is oxygenated unleaded fuel and that is how it makes power. C12 is a higher octane fuel, don't recall the number. Octane does not create horepower, it is there to keep high compression engines from detonating or pinging. I would not waste your money on U4 for a stock bike. If you are going to pipe it and jet it, and maybe even do some head work or replace cams then you will see a big benefit, but not on a stock motor. I can get a really good price on U4 and it still costs me about $12/gallon.

ok what kind should i run for a really moddified crf250r engine to get the most power

Talk to the guy who did the mods. Race gas is only needed if you've done head work to re-shape the combustion chamber and/or added a high compression piston. If the head and piston are still stock, you don't need race gas and it's not a "really modified engine".

Anyone ever seen a VP Racing Fuels Gas Station? A local gas station is remarking their staion with VP markings. I haven't stopped to see what they are gonna offer yet. Never seen a VP gas station so kinda curious.

I agree ask whoever built the engine what gas to run, there's no sense in running race gas if you don't need it, It gets very expensive riding alot with race gas