Sign in to follow this  

Why is it so hard to sell a xr250?

Seriously, it took me forever to find it and I had a handful of people trying to buy it out from under me. Now I cant give the damn thing away and its in better condition than the day it came out of the factory.. :thumbsup:

Well if your giving it away .......... I'll take it! :thumbsup:

Let me know how much you want for crating and shipping to Baltimore.

Because the XR250 design is 10 years old. During that time, the 250F's have been romping all over the place. More powerful motors, better suspension, more maintenance, less durable, needs premium fuel. The 250F's are really a different category of bike.

The XR250 is no longer the "best and newest". It is the right tool for the right job.

If you're giving away your XR, I'll also take it. And I will gladly accept any old XR's that are in good condition and people are giving away.

Maybe it is the summer heat. I've had better luck selling bikes in the fall and spring.

haha sorry fella's not giving it away. asking 1800 firm and considering the condition its in this is a steal. There are pics in my garage if anyone wants to give it a quick gander.

I msure it will sell, just takes the right person to see it.

It is nice, I'd love to have it as a buddy bike, but I have to spend my money on stupid stuff like a house and food for the kids!!

Well, you live in Tennesse right? People there can't afford shoes let alone a

nice motor'sickle! Ok, Ok, I'm kidding. However, if that bike were green stickered in Californee, it would be gone by now. I love the 250R and would take another one in a second, but alas, too far.

well here in toronto, ontario it would of lasted a day. there was 3 xr400r for sale this past month and the same day it went on sale the bike sold!!!! but its the same here 4 250's. I dont know y but they sell quick here. i finally got one but it was 3hrs drive away in a dealership which held it for me.

Judging by the pix it looks like a nice bike for $1800, and it's only an 02. Dunno why u can't sell it.

I would have bought it 2 weeks ago if I had seen it advertised. I looked at a bike in memphis. The most effective advertising for me has been ebay and cycletrader.com

I would think for 1800 bucks even a dealer would be willing to take it off your hands.

thanks for the info guys, what should a 02 XR like this go for?

It would easily fetch a couple of grand in the Pacific northwest. It would also sell fairly quickly.

i just traded my 03 XR-250 into the dealer for $2425 and picked up an 06 CRF 450X for $6425 i didnt think i would get that in the paper. apparently the owner of this dealer in colorado springs likes XR's and pays top dollar for them.

i decided i would upgrade and now seems like a good time to do it before the value really falls out of the XR's i loved my XR but i like my CRF even better.

The xr250's are good bikes, wr's and crf's have stole most of the business being how there water cooled. It should easily get $2k anywhere in the US. I would buy if you were close.

I have a Question. How does the Hot Cam effect the xr? Do you have to adjust or replace the valves more often or does it just give you more power and everthing else stays the same? I'm thinking of getting an xr but have heard you lose the reliablity when you start adding alot of mods. :thumbsup:

not true i found my xr was more reliable after the hotcam, getting rid of the auto decompressor prevented it from stalling out when riding it hard. the auto decomp seemed to have a mind of its own.

as far as valve adjustments i never adjusted anything in a whole year after initial break in.

the valved tick when warm but are fine when cold. (should have been opposite but oh well) anyway the bike ran perfect. the gains are mostly midrange and on my butt dyno didnt loose any low end torque.

i had the stage 1