Sign in to follow this  

what to do to my suspension??

i have an 02 yz250f and want to set up my suspension for my weight. i bought the bike used of someone about 8 months ago im pretty sure its stock springs right now. i weigh 150 do you think i would need stiffer springs? im not racing or super agressive, and i dont have a lot of cash, so what do you think i should have the shop do? change the oil? revalve? dont know a lot about suspension so any advice would be good.

thanks

No you don't need stiffer springs. Those bikes come from the factory set up for a 160~ lb rider if I remeber right.

150 is perfect for that suspension. If your money is really burning a hole in your pocket try a pipe.

Before you go and buy a pipe, spend the money on getting your fluids changed in your suspension. If you don't know when these fluids were done, then based on the year you should get this do WAY before you spend your money on a pipe. Fresh fluids will do a world of good, and they may find some other wear parts that need to be changed, but, IMHO, this is the BEST mod for your bike- if your suspension isn't working right, putting a pipe on it isn't going to help! :thumbsup:

Adam

Do what 571 said and than spend your money on things that go wrong or tires.

ya i dont really care about making my bike faster. i cant ride it to it's potential anyways. so is changing the fluids something i coudl do myself?

Yes, for the most part- the shock is a little more involved, but still doable if you have some tools and nitrogen recharge station. Go to this site-

http://www.motocross.com/motoprof/moto/mcycle/suspen.html. You should find all the info you need to tackle your suspension- of course, if you don't, there are lots of good people here at TT to help! :thumbsup:

Adam

would if be worth it for me to get my forks and shocks revavled? like i said i weigh 150 and i dont race our ride super agressively but i like to ride mx. whats an average price for getting this done?