Sign in to follow this  

06 525exc power upgrades?

I am thinking about running the 540 kit and a wiseco 12.5-1 piston. wondering what exhaust some of you recomend. or if theres any other upgrade ideas out there. I would love to hear what others have done. what to do and what not to do.

Why puss out? Go big...

610 SMS Race Kit, 1990 euros

Big Bore Tuning Kit all 450/525 SX/SMR/EXC for Super Moto Racing, 612 cm².

New customized cylinder with 100 mm, Stroker crank with 78 mm. Feel the power !!

More power and torque over the cpl. band. Best in combination with Akrapovic Titanium fully open exhaust system and Keihin FCR41 ( or 43 mm ) in combination with Airfilter Kit KTMAXCR4060. The camshaft comes with the Kit, gives aprx. 70 hp on rear wheel. For more power in high rpm´s ( for MXII class Super Moto racing , but lowers the maintance intervalls too 8 h ) a upgrade to hotter MSP cam is availabel. Please ask for it .

637 cm² ( 102 mm ) is possible too, but highers the price. The crankcase has to be modified fit the bigger and stronger cylinderbase. At last : a qualified mechanic with experience in building race engines is necessary to assemble the engine.

Note : Schneider Cycles can build up your engine with all modifications are required for best result in power and running time.

Give us a call , or mail and ask for Dietmar Schneider

:thumbsup:

That 540 & 12.5 to 1 Weisco is a good combo, I see no reason to buy an exhaust system.

Next step would be the 41mm carb, I understand that can be had thru Service Honda for something in the $400 direction (order for a 2004-current year 450 mx bike)