how much oil

its not here...thats why im asking you all

Download the manual from this link then read page 3-16 which says:

Periodic oil change:

- 1.0L (0.88 Imp qt, 1.06 US qt)

With oil filter replacement:

- 1.1L (0.97 Imp qt, 1.27 US qt) -> I believe that should read 1.17 US qt instead of 1.27 qt.

Total amount:

- 1.2L (1.06 Imp qt, 1.27 US qt)

OK thanks for that but now i have another question. i drained out all the oil but when i took out the dip stick oil pored out of there, and then now i can see oil inside of there. what should i do because all the oil from the bottom is drained out. thanks

however, the frame holds the same amount as all years and so 1.6qt will easily fit.

Oops, sorry Steve... The 03-05 are indeed a US qt w/o filter chg, 1.1 US qt w/ filter. The 01-02 hold more, but not sure what volume.

Now, I think you CAN put in that much oil in a 03-05 and it probably wouldn't overflow, but I wouldn't suggest it.

its a dry sump. can do no harm.

its not like the motor is different.

they just told you to put in less to lower the cg.

True, dat. ?

Get up in the neighborhood of 2 qts, and you'll have trouble, 'cause the tank won't hold it, and it gets forced back to the engine. But 1.5/1.6 is fine. Watch out when pulling the dipstick.

its a dry sump. can do no harm.

its not like the motor is different.

they just told you to put in less to lower the cg.

Well yeah, you **CAN** pour in more, so as indicated by Gray. I've seen a guy overfill his 03 450 and it isn't exactly a calming site to watch him pull the dipstick and have oil running all over the side of his bike.

However, what are talking here- The quantity until problems can occur, or quantity to fill according to the manual?

I was referring to the quantity until the dipstick indicates it is full, which I would think is what the original poster was asking. ?

Now excuse me while I go see how much oil I can dump in the Silverado before I have problems.... :ride: