Noise from clutch area

The other day I was warming my bike up for an oil change and noticed that I could hear a sort of "whirring" noise from the clutch area with the bike idling in neutral. If I pull the clutch lever in the noise goes away, release the lever and it comes back. It's not super loud, I mainly notice it if I lean over so I'm closer to the right sidecase. I probably wouldn't hear the difference with my helmet on. The oil looked okay and I pulled the clutch cover off to take a peek. Nothing seemed unusual, the basket (a recently installed Barnett with no grooving at all) didn't have any abnormal play and the plates are still in good shape. While riding, the clutch action is nice and smooth. Is this noise normal or do I have a bearing going out or something?

Anybody else noticed this? C'mon guys, I've got a heavy race schedule in the next few weeks, I'd sleep easier if a couple of you tell me you've heard this and it's normal, particularly the part about how the noise goes away when I pull the lever in...kelstr? Baron? Shawn_MC?

Pull the clutch out and inspect it, I have broken plates on my 450 twice.

Better safe than sorry, hopefully its not the case but why wait to know for sure, I waited and now I need a new basket!!

p.s. the last two plates on the bottow are what broke on me, I know you said you looked but I needed to remove the plates to see the broken peices