Sign in to follow this  

and i thought it would never happen to me...

As im writing this; i cant feel much because of the vicadin, heres how it went down.

So i was bored a few days ago and decided to build a jump. Not a big jump but a decent sized double about 25ft long. Ive cleared bigger doubles like this one at my house, so i wasnt even scared about it :applause: .

So i packed her in reel nice with the quad and watered it and put carpet on it so it doesnt rut up :applause:

So with a crash 2 days ago, and a soar back, i was just going to warm it up and jump it and change the oil (ATF BABY :applause:) I thought 2nd gear pinned would be enough to clear it and over clear it a little. I wasnt even scared!

It all happened soo fast i didnt realize what happened until afterwards.

This is how i remember it, I take off from the lip and my bike just soars waayyy over the landing apparatus... :applause: and my back end is wayy to high. I panic revv the mother :thumbsup: too the moon and befor i know it, im tumbling on the ground eating dirt thinking to myself,,,, are you :ride: stupid?!?!

The bike pile drove me into the ground and something with teeth drove into my ass :applause: . So i get up and hit the kill switch because my throttle is stuck 1/2~ open. Then the pain sets it! My hip is killing me and my right shoulder/neck muscel wont let go! I scream for help and finally make it to our buisness shop and one of our employees helps me to the house. I walk in and my parents are freaking out!!! I tell them what happens and they examine my butt :applause: . My parents are debating wether or not to take me to the hospital. Thats when i get really really sleepy and almost lose coniousness!!!

I end up on a stretcher in an ambulence on my way to a hospital. When they are putting in the IV, the lady cant find my vein and has to poke me 4 times!!! :applause: We were on a dirt road at the time so we were shaking around and it hurt like a mother :applause: !!! It was a hour long drive to the hospital and those stretchers hurt!!!!

Im finally in a bed and they have to examine me privates (rectal exam) to see if any thing was broken :applause: . I take x-rays and it turns out i dislocated my hip and my right shoulder!!! They gave me a sling and some pills and told me to go home :applause: .

Now im left with a fu.cked up bike! Bent subframe, bent triple trees (sheered a steering stop half off!!! :applause: )

Here are some pics.

subframe

front end

efdup radiators

I guess you could say i pulled a "bubba" :applause:

Yeah, it's always the little ones that end up getting you. Take it easy and heal up quick.

Yeah, it's always the little ones that end up getting you. Take it easy and heal up quick.

idk if im going to be throwing another leg on a bike, atleast not mine

Man that sucks! But as the saying goes.....'To be Old and wise, one must be young and stupid'

yea u pulled a bubba, only u dont have a brand new bike to replace ur f*cked up one...like he does! jk. sorry to hear about ur crash. u can probably bend that sub frame back, if it isn't too bad.

Looks like you might have bent a footpeg too, in the last picture. It may just be stuck.

I would blame your crash on your jump building skills. I could tell from the picture what the result of the story was going to be. The lip of that jump is way to steep for the heigth of it. You were doomed from the start.

I would blame your crash on your jump building skills. I could tell from the picture what the result of the story was going to be. The lip of that jump is way to steep for the heigth of it. You were doomed from the start.

i agree :thumbsup:

oh, and i just checked my foot pegs and they are both bent to hell :ride:

idk if im going to be throwing another leg on a bike, atleast not mine

are you saying you bike is to f***ed up to ride again or you dont have any desire to ride it

Live and learn. I've been there several times, where I never want to ride again, but the first thing I do when I heal up os go riding. Just can't help it.

i broke my right hand and i am right handed, that sucked i could barely wipe my own ass, i said i would never ride again, i rode the day i got my cast off

are you saying you bike is to f***ed up to ride again or you dont have any desire to ride it

my desire is in working on them. Ill prolly fix this one and sell it, then just buy abused bikes and polish them up and make em look pretty and sell them. I ve done it before :thumbsup:

That sucks for sure. Definitely did not go over the jump pinned, or you were so high in the band the bike wasn't making power, that is the only way the rear end comes up that hard. I had that same kind of crash over a large fast double about 5 years ago. I don't remember any of it so I don't know what the hell I did, but the result was 5 broken ribs, broken collar bones (that's right both, shattered right) broken shoulder blade, fractured L1 vertabra, broken eye socket, and broken teeth. I felt like I got hit with a school bus. But I am still riding, and so will you.

I said the same thing. I built the take off for a double too steep once but I only overshot the landing and bottomed hard.

I agree with Darvo, I got to the picture of the jump, and already knew the outcome. The lip on that is so wicked you would have to hang your ass off the back of the bike to come off that decent. Also I wouldnt ever hit a jump pined in a gear, ride a gear high and you wont have that problem.

its not as steep as it looks, the camera is tilted a little bit. but you guys are right, it is too steep.

anybody want to donate some spare parts? :thumbsup:

its not as steep as it looks, the camera is tilted a little bit. but you guys are right, it is too steep.

anybody want to donate some spare parts? :thumbsup:

It looks as if you had a real nasty endo, which explains the condition of the subframe. At least you lived to tell the story.

You may need more body parts than bike parts at this point.

It looks as if you had a real nasty endo, which explains the condition of the subframe. At least you lived to tell the story.

You may need more body parts than bike parts at this point.

what do you mean :thumbsup: