Sign in to follow this  

2002 DRZ400S > SM

Going tomorrow to look at a 2002 DRZ400S that's been converted to SM. I was wondering if there is anything I should look for.

Bike has oversided EBC brakes & singered pads, Excel/Talon wheelset with M1 tires. 5K miles on the factory odometer which I'm told is off about 16% since it's using 17" wheels instead of the original wheels. Bike has high compression piston 13.5:1, Hotcams intake and exhaust, Edelbrock flatslide carb, updated camchain tensioner, modified stock exhaust, recent chain and 39T rear sprocket. Current owner claims bike put down peak 47hp peak on the dyno. From the pictures it looks like the bike is very clean. I wasn't sure if there are any things I needed to look closer at that may be problems.

I'm new to Motards. I rode a friends 2001 KTM 640 LC4 a while back and thought it was a little tame and heavy. Bike pulled hard, but wouldn't wheelie as easily as I'd like it to. He had 38/39 rear sprocket and I assume that's why accelleration was off. Looking for something to play on and commute 25 miles to work each day.