Sign in to follow this  

Kennedy Meadows Aug 12

Three guys from San Diego arriving friday night need someone to show us around saturday. Intermediate skills, anybody interested??

I might be able to head up for the weekend. I'll figure it out and let you know.

KM will never be the same again with these three guys riding it. :ride:

Hi guys, after that last ride at Rowher with you guys I'm sure it will not be a intermediate skill ride. You guys kick some A**. I will be up that weekend also riding with a group of people. From what I have heard the skill levels of the people we are going with are all over the board. Some of the guys are wild like you guys, and some ride like old farts like me.

Hope to see you guys at KM. I will be up Friday also. I'm in the white Titan with the Next Level toy hauler. :thumbsup:

Aw-right! We'll keep an eye out for you. Where do you stage? Is the group you're with thru here at TT? How familiar with KM are you? Never been there but all the pictures I've seen it's just too inviting. :ride::applause::applause::thumbsup:

No the group is not TT guys and gals. We are going up with some friends that have been up to KM a number of times. I think their will be a number of family's in our group. I think some of the guys that are going use to race, so they will be real good riders. I only know one of the family's, but I have met some of the other people. If the one guy comes it should be cool seeing him ride he's real good and fast.

As for me it's been about 30 years since I have been to KM. So I don't have any idea how any of the trails are. I also have no idea where they stage at. All I know if it's going to be fun and I'm hoping a lot cooler. :thumbsup:

We should be in KM before noon on Friday. Most of the people in our group are going up Friday, but a few will be up on Thursday. What are you guys going to be in? Is the family coming along on this one?

Its going to be just a "day" trip(280 miles 1-way) which means coming home sat. But who knows? The plan so far is just my truck, red F-250 4 door, Bill & Rick and the little black bike trailer. Would love to take the toy box and stay a while but not this time

Its going to be just a "day" trip(280 miles 1-way) which means coming home sat. But who knows?

You might want to rethink that one. It's a pretty good trek to KM from San Diego. The last 30 miles will take the better part of an hour just in itself. You're looking at probably a 4 1/2 hour trip minimum each way.

Its 4 1/2 hours from OC. I would definitely plan on leaving Sunday morning.

PBDBLUE, that's nothing for these guys they are true animals when it come to day trips. They drove 3 or so hours to ride for the day with use last time. By the end of the day I was glad I was just 30 minutes from home. They packed it up and made the long drive back. :thumbsup:

Crfxer, I hope Bill & Rick plan on helping to do the drive on the way back. After a long day of riding it's a killer drive. I will find out a little more about the group we are going with. I have no idea what's going on with them. All I know is I can't wait to go to KM to see how it is.

Is KM non-rider friendly, I am thinking about bringing my chick and a couple non-riding friends. Will they be comfortable up there while we ride all day??? Are there things for them to do all day except drink?

We have a group of 3 intermediate to advanced riders going up fri-sun so if you want some riding partners PM me. It is our first time but i got allot of maps and loops from the guys on TT.

staging at troy meadows overflow and we will have a burgundy tahoe with a white laredo trailer and a grey chevy pickup. 1 honda 450x and 2 yz400's with plates.

anyone know the zip code up there? would like to check the weather. might be up there with just a tent. would like to know what i'm in for a night.

the colder the weather the more beers i might need. :thumbsup:

anyone know the zip code up there? would like to check the weather. might be up there with just a tent. would like to know what i'm in for a night.

the colder the weather the more beers i might need. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to the weather station at Blackrock RS. It's just a few miles from Troy.

http://cdec2.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryFx?s=bkk

Looks like the lows are in the mid to lower 40's.

It looks like it will be about 4 familys in our group. I think they are taking about staying in fish creek camp ground.

staging at troy meadows overflow and we will have a burgundy tahoe with a white laredo trailer and a grey chevy pickup. 1 honda 450x and 2 yz400's with plates.

EDITTY im telling your wife you are on this site again...................

Actually editty, my chevy truck is pewter and the YZ's are WR's, but enough of the Brokebacking, see you all up there it sounds like an epic weekend. Editty has scouted it out really good and although we are all first timers up there, he's got loops planed out good and the maps he found are great, he's posted them somewhere on this forum I think. Anyone new and want to join feel free to track us down, editty gave location and cars above. See ya there...

heres the map links

http://ferret.evoke.la/var/misc/nat...stmap_large.jpg

http://ferret.evoke.la/var/misc/nat...stmap_small.jpg

No the group is not TT guys and gals. We are going up with some friends that have been up to KM a number of times. I think their will be a number of family's in our group. I think some of the guys that are going use to race, so they will be real good riders. I only know one of the family's, but I have met some of the other people. If the one guy comes it should be cool seeing him ride he's real good and fast.

As for me it's been about 30 years since I have been to KM. So I don't have any idea how any of the trails are. I also have no idea where they stage at. All I know if it's going to be fun and I'm hoping a lot cooler. :thumbsup:

We should be in KM before noon on Friday. Most of the people in our group are going up Friday, but a few will be up on Thursday. What are you guys going to be in? Is the family coming along on this one?

Hey Old-Man

How you doing ,Long time no here. I was up in KM over the 4 of July

Here a map link of the trails I used . We rode all the upper trail towards black rock mountain . All intermediate Trails you should have no problem. Well take care and ride safe. :ride:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/recreation/ohv-osv/cm/cm_ohv_map.html

Mike