Sign in to follow this  

Which head to use.

Ive got an 02 and its time to replace the head, valves, springs, ect.

Ive already done a valve job before, so this time im going to replace the head also.

What i was wondering about is, will the 06 head work on the 02 motor. Will everything align up including the header?

Would it be better to go with the OEM Ti valves since im getting the new head or get aftermarket valves also?

The 06 head will bolt right on. :thumbsup:

I recommend Ferrea valves. They are stainless steel so they will wear much better than the stock Ti ones, but they are light as well. I just happen to have a complete Ferrea valve kit I need to sell. :ride:

How much do you want for them and why didnt you use them??

Are they brand new? Intake, Exhaust, Springs, Guides, ect?

$250 shipped. I was going to tear the 05 apart and really give it a makeover even though it didn't need it, but bought a new bike instead. The kit is brand new. Valves, springs, retainers and seat locators, no guides.

$250 shipped. I was going to tear the 05 apart and really give it a makeover even though it didn't need it, but bought a new bike instead. The kit is brand new. Valves, springs, retainers and seat locators, no guides.

if you need to do the top end you can trust the Baron. he is a good guy and just got a new bike. he is just like alot of us and buys parts b4 he needs them :thumbsup:

dont be confused with the ferrea valves they are not stainless steel, however they are steel. stainless steel weights more, ferrea is able to keep the weight down to stock levels by using steel and a special coating. i just did the same rebuild on my 02. the 06 head bolts right up and the ferrea valves were very easy to install. the cheapest i could find the valves were 250 on ebay. i was able to do the complete rebuild including head, ferrea valves, timing chain, and je piston 13:5.1 for 550. performance has been great so far, but i only have about 4 hrs on the new parts.