Sign in to follow this  

Close Call

I just wanted to share a close call that I had about 9 years ago. I was engaged to this girl, and for the first year or so things went well. But then she changed. She became a real pain in the butt, she started telling me what to spend my money on, which friends i could hang out with. Then one day I told her I was going to buy a new bike. She went off the deep end started saying things like I couldn't have a new bike and that I needed to sell the one that I had. What the heck !! Needless to say I ended it right there on the spot. Who the heck did she think she was telling me I had to get rid of my bike. The very next day I had a brand new Cr250r Sitting in my garage. Fortunately for me the woman I did marry loves motocross. When My daughter was only 6 months old my wife bought her a new crf50. How cool is that ? Anyway, Just wanted to share that story. :thumbsup:

thats awesome that your wife is into mx. i wish my parents were into riding, i had to go thru hell to get my own bike. riding is hard when your parents arent that supportive of it.

thats awesome that your wife is into mx. i wish my parents were into riding, i had to go thru hell to get my own bike. riding is hard when your parents arent that supportive of it.

I have the same problem

yep, my parents dont even go to races, my dad keeps saying omg im so afraid of you getting hurt, but then when i asked him to help me get new boots he refused, but whatever i work my ass off to have a bike and race, so it makes it more worth it in the end I think. However parent support would be something id love to have.

im with all you guys. i went through about 4 years of hell to just get my bike. Now my parents are getting into and thinking about getting bikies themselves and a nice toy hauler. so im greatful i can ride. :thumbsup: