Sign in to follow this  

OR Trail and Riding Clubs/Advocacy Groups

I am new to the Pac NW from MN, and am located west of Portland OR. I have been riding a lot in Tillamook State Forest and some surrounding areas and would like to know what clubs are in these areas that I could join to give something back? I miss trail work days (I know this sounds wierd, but I'm feeling guilty after using all these great trails and not doing anything in return) Any info would be appreciated!

I am new to the Pac NW from MN, and am located west of Portland OR. I have been riding a lot in Tillamook State Forest and some surrounding areas and would like to know what clubs are in these areas that I could join to give something back? I miss trail work days (I know this sounds wierd, but I'm feeling guilty after using all these great trails and not doing anything in return) Any info would be appreciated!

Move north of Seattle, we'll hook you up :thumbsup:

Just kidding, glad to hear you wanna help :ride:

The best advocacy group in Oregon is the racing sanctioning body. Here is the link to their site. There is a listing of many of the local clubs, events, riding areas, legislative concerns/updates, etc, etc there. They even have forums that you can join, get info, etc.

The link is Oregon Motorcycle Riders Assoc (OMRA)

I don't know of any clubs for the Tillamook burn area but you have Bradley trail riders and the Jones Creek trail riders to the north.

http://www.bradleytrailriders.org/

http://jonescreektrailriders.org/index.php

Joe........

ODF has work days on the trails, you could contact them to get on the email list for the work parties. I believe there is one on the 12th out of Diamond Mill.