Sign in to follow this  

fuel screw

hey everyone i just installed a quickshot on my bike and was wondering if there was an easy way to get to the fuel screw, would loosening the boot and turning the carb be enough? me being an idiot forgot to do it while i Had the bike apart :thumbsup: and i don't want to take it apart again. i just got back from riding and noticed it still had considerable bog in second gear but it was better.

thanks

-Jason

I was able to get to my fuel screw without removing the carb. Loosen it up and turn it.

Did you rejet the bike also for the bog?

Loosen the carb so you can turn it and use a small screwdriver to get the air screw out. Then replace it with an aftermarket airscrew so you can adjust it without all of the headaches. You'll be glad you did.

actually i haven't re jetted the bike i let my dad talk me out of it, it would help a lot tho, the quickshot helps but it doesn't quite get all of the bog. I'll try to do it sometime thanks for the info.

i jetted my bike and did the quick shot removed smog pump also,still had a bad bog adjusted my fuel/air screw to about 3/4 out and there went the bog.sea level.

take no offense but you newbies need to do a search or alittle bit of reading cause this topic is all over this forum.

You can loosen the carb boots enought to rotate the carb and see the screw on the bottom and while you are down there you can change out your leak jet and main jet just by removing the float boal. It's only a little more work but it'll make a big difference. Just make sure when you get that screw out that you put the spring, washer and o ring back in. They tend to fall out when you remove the screw and are very very small. here is a picture http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=300&stc=1

If you are running your stock jetting you are running the bike way to lean and will cause premature engine failure. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to damage a $6500.00 machine by not changing $10-$15 in parts out.

ur probably right, i'm working on my dad but since i just bought a bunch of stuff hes not looking too happy about me spending more money, but i will tell him what you said.