Sign in to follow this  

DID X-ring:520ATV WTF!?!

I ordered an new DID x-ring (god they are pricey! :ride: ) chain at my online dealer the other day because mine was trashed. But when I got it today, I see that it's a X-Ring 520ATV chain. I double check in their catalog and I see on top of the size list: DID RACE ATV/MX. :applause:

http://www.royaldistributing.com/atv2006/271.html

http://www.didchain.com/atv.htm

Now I wonder, Will it fit on my 250F? Will it be ok or rob a lot of power? It looks way harder to move then my stock one, way heavier also. :thumbsup: I ride a sandy track and I took it for it's resistance but now I wonder if I will only rob more power from my bike along with the sand riding.

It's a 520 chain, it will fit.

You will lose a little power but surely not enough to justify buying a new peice of crap stock one. That was the worst chain I've ever owned on any dirt bike. 3 rides and the thing was toast and I'm no James Bubba Stewart either.

Not sure about that chain, but the DID 520VT chain works perfectly; especially if you use a rivet master link. It's a T-ring chain and is more narrow than standard 520 chains specifically to fit MX type bikes.

dont worry about it after a few rides it will losten up, keep it well lubed, i like the blue can honda lube because it has white graphite in it, ive had my x-ring for over a year and adjusted it once, and thats including the removal of my rear wheel and whatnot

I thought you don't have to lub the X-Ring chain and it was better that way because since if I don't, sand will not stick to it. :thumbsup:

Use Motul off road chain lube or equivalent. Stay away from the wax stuff

if you ride in sand or grit because it will just get embedded into your chain.

The X uses a narrow chain. I'm not sure about the R, but on the X, a standard width chain is too wide, and will grind the case behind the counter sprocket. Measure the width of the chain against the new one, if it's wider than stock, you have to use a shim between the sprocket and the case.

I have the 520VT, its a sick chain. Hardly streches at all. I didnt notice any real decrease in power, I'm sure the bike does loose a little power but that is splitting hairs. As far a lube I swear by Bel-Ray SuperClean chain lube.

i agree as well,3 rides on my 06 450r with one and its not moved a bit.also pretty cheap as well at 90 canadian.

I have the 520VT, its a sick chain. Hardly streches at all. I didnt notice any real decrease in power, I'm sure the bike does loose a little power but that is splitting hairs. As far a lube I swear by Bel-Ray SuperClean chain lube.