Sign in to follow this  

KTM VS yzf426 fcr?

OK with all youre help i figured out my ktm carb is a 39mm W/ removable bell and tps (the inlet measures 39.5mm and is concentric to the outside) but with mention to the ktm carb having a leak jet and the yzf doesnt, considering i have both now which do i use, is better or easier to tune? Ive tuned plenty of 2 stroke carbs and am just learning the 4 stroke ones since the addition of my drz.I enjoy upgrading my bike almost as much as i like riding it so thanks everybody for the help!!!

I got every thing to make the conversion, so im hoping some one will help me decide which carb i should use. Thanks!

the ktm carb doesnt have a leak jet.the yamaha cabr does.

does your yamaha cabr have a removeable intake bell?if not,you have to use the ktm cabr.it will work fine.the aftermarket fcr we use do not have a leak jet either.

They both have removable bell ends, the only differences besides what you mentioned is the yam carb has a hot start.what do ya think. Thanks for the expert advice!!!

I was also wondering if the four outlets at the top (two on each side w/ a clip running across to each of them are supposed to have any connected to them like vent lines mabe?