Sign in to follow this  

tb 88

just got my tb88cc kit without the race head and am about to put it on. it didnt come with instructions and i think danosbikeshop has instructions for a different model. is it basically the same? also do i have to set the valve clearences? wat about timing? any specs would be awesome

thanks guys

The instructions on Dano's should be fine for you. One thing though you'll probably have to remove the cam chain tensioner from the bottom of the engine. That part is not on Dano's. I had to remove mine because I couldn't get the sprocket back on the cam, not enough length on the chain.

You shouldhn't have to set the valves if you use your original head. Probably not a bad idea to check them though.

Just line the cam in the head and the flywheel mark T to the notch on the case.

The dano instructions should do it.

Pay attention to the way the cam tensioner comes out though.

The instructions on Dano's should be fine for you. One thing though you'll probably have to remove the cam chain tensioner from the bottom of the engine. That part is not on Dano's. I had to remove mine because I couldn't get the sprocket back on the cam, not enough length on the chain.

You shouldhn't have to set the valves if you use your original head. Probably not a bad idea to check them though.

Just line the cam in the head and the flywheel mark T to the notch on the case.

The dano instructions should do it.

Pay attention to the way the cam tensioner comes out though.

i did it today. it was kinda confusing gettin it dissasembled, but did it. it was so funny seeing how smalll that piston was. i completed it without even touching the chain tensioner. where was it? started up in like 3 kicks and sounds good - do u think a bigger main it the carb will make a difference?