Sign in to follow this  

When standing through turns, still weight outside peg?

I actually weight the inside peg. Just go around the corner and put weight on the inside peg and your bike will turn really well. If you weight the outside peg while standing you are trying to make the bike turn the opposite direction of the turn. Just go in a straight line and do nothing but weight one peg, you will see how easy it makes the bike want to turn.

ya in long sweepers were im standing i wait the inside peg it works really well

so why do you stand up in turns? don't you have the best balance when you are sitting down?

long sweepers, deep mud ruts, something at the end of the turn that is easier to do if already standing. standing let's your bike move around in ways you cannot while sitting. just watch the rough southwick national

so why do you stand up in turns? don't you have the best balance when you are sitting down?

You stand up in big, sweeping turns. In regular turns you sit down at the entrance and stand back up at the exit. When doing a regular turn that requires you to put your foot out for balance, you should weight the outside peg for added stability.

yea, big turns i weigh the inside peg. but if im standing up on a shot rough turn, i still weigh the inside peg and pop the clutch so it kinda swuares off the turn if you guys know what im saying. the back will slide, fishtail kinda, and as long as you dont get scared or keep giving it throttle the bike will straighten back up.

A long sweeper with acceleration bumps going through it. Yesterday the track had one corner like this and I was taking the outside sitting and just getting beat up my butt was bouncing off the seat around that whole corner...

ok i was wrong about what i said earlier. At the track today there are a few sweepers like this and i payed attention to what I was doing and i still weight the outside footpeg and press the bike down with my knee. Weighting the inside footpeg is wrong also I would say. It was noticable because the track was kind of icy and if I was neutral or a little leaning in the bike wanted to slide out from under me.