Sign in to follow this  

Radiator lowering hose clearance question

I have my radiator lowering kit on and an aftermarket pro circuit exhaust. The clearance between the radiator and the hose to the header is only about a 1/4" at best. When I put pressure on the shrouds the hose will sometimes touch the header leaving a little smudge on the header from the hose. Is this a problem with anyone else? My biggest concern is being this close, will burn through the hose? I was thinking about putting another clamp around the area that might hit the header. Let me know if there are any other fixes to this issue I could try. -Thanks

Wrap the header with that heat resistant tape. I don't know the exact name, but it should help with your problem.

Electrical tape is for insulation against electricity, not heat.

When I installed my radiator lowering kit, I cut some of the radiator hose to make it fit better (which in the instructions said to do). Weather you have the stock hose or an aftermarket hose, cut some of it off to fit better and allow better clearance.

adjust the radiators more. They can move forward and back. You can get the left one really low, the right side not as low so it can clear the exhaust. I had to put the top forward and bottom back a bit from straight down.

as long as the hose doesnt touch the header your fine

with the rad. lowering kit your going to have very close tolerences, its completly normal.

just losen up the mounts with the rad on it and move it around to see what position gives you the most clearence