Looks like the sound cops are in CT now!

I was riding my bone stock 2004 KX250F on my property after repacking the silencer to test it out when one of my neighbors came over and threatened to call the cops on me care of a new sound ordinance in town. I went inside and called them myself to find out it thankfully doesnt cover private property, but looks like my DRZ and my Shelby Cobra replica are screwed for the street.

Friggen connecticut.

I was riding my bone stock 2004 KX250F on my property after repacking the silencer to test it out when one of my neighbors came over and threatened to call the cops on me care of a new sound ordinance in town. I went inside and called them myself to find out it thankfully doesnt cover private property, but looks like my DRZ and my Shelby Cobra replica are screwed for the street.

Friggen connecticut.

Wow I thought CA was crappy!! Do you have a real Cobra or a replicar/kit car??? I heard a couple in down town Hollister, Ca (probably replicas) with 427s and straight pipes and those cars shook my vehicle and they were down the street about a block!!! Those things are truly bad ass ?

Friggen connecticut.

Dude that sucks. I hate neighbors like that. Some guy claims that we're geting his house dusty when we're riding in the rain. At least say it's muddy so you actually have a good argument! Anyways post a pic of your shelby. I see one every now and then rolling down the streets. It's blue.

Its a replica that I build a few years ago. I will post some pics and video once my friend gets around to making it for me!

This is in Guilford CT. It is a town resultion passed to stop loud street legal vehicles on the street only. Private property is exempt from it.

When I have a house of my own I am living in the boonies.

I recently moved to Connecticut and absolutely love it. Just outside my door is sportbike heaven, great twisty roads for my streetbikes with very little traffic.

I have some dirtbike trails just behind my house, and neighbors have never complained. I also have some great tight backroads, dirt and asphalt for my Motard. Thomaston Dam is thirty minutes away, the only free riding area in the Tri Sate area.

To each his own I guess.

In the garage

2001 Ducati 996S

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R

2001 Yamaha WR250

2003 Suzuki RM100, daughters bike

2003 Kawasaki 650 Praire

2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM

1974 Suzuki TM400

Its a replica that I build a few years ago. I will post some pics and video once my friend gets around to making it for me!

This is in Guilford CT. It is a town resultion passed to stop loud street legal vehicles on the street only. Private property is exempt from it.

When I have a house of my own I am living in the boonies.

you can thank all the obnoxious harley riders for that...

you can thank all the obnoxious harley riders for that...

Harley riders get their share of the blame for pissing everyone off about noise. There are just as many or more noisy harleys than dirtbikes.

I live in California where small noise violations are greatly exaggerated by the quantity of people riding.

All that aside, exactly how loud is your pipe? Are you at 94-96db's (or less)? Is your neighbor that close to where you ride that you actually bother them? Put in a quiet insert for riding in the neighborhood.

You do have your rights and you should not be afraid to exercise them, but there may be a couple of things you can do to make it a little better for the neighbor. That is... if you are all concerned about getting along.

Harley riders get their share of the blame for pissing everyone off about noise. There are just as many or more noisy harleys than dirtbikes.

I live in California where small noise violations are greatly exaggerated by the quantity of people riding.

All that aside, exactly how loud is your pipe? Are you at 94-96db's (or less)? Is your neighbor that close to where you ride that you actually bother them? Put in a quiet insert for riding in the neighborhood.

You do have your rights and you should not be afraid to exercise them, but there may be a couple of things you can do to make it a little better for the neighbor. That is... if you are all concerned about getting along.

the whole reason his town set up the ordinance was because of harley riders with loud pipes....yes dirtbike noise levels have become an issue....but generally speaking dirtbikes are not heard by many people so the noise isnt as trouble some as the harleys which are always on public roads heard by the masses....as far as the "general public" is concerned....if you did a poll i bet you more than 90% would comment on harleys and less than 10% would comment on dirtbikes since most people dont hear dirtbikes.....aarons neighbor just sounds like one of those impossible people that has no tolerance for anyone or anything...if he was riding on his propery all the time...ok...perhaps the neighbor would be justified .....but once in a great while for five minutes....F that guy....

The trails behind my house is my property, so I don't think the DEP will be showing up any time soon.

I agree with you guys about the Harleys. There always seem to travel in packs, like there in a parade, always doing under the speed limit.

Aaron,

How loud is your DRZ. I have a full system on mine and its not loud at all?

In the garage

2001 Ducati 996S

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R

2001 Yamaha WR250

2003 Suzuki RM100, daughters bike

2003 Kawasaki 650 Praire

2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM

1974 Suzuki TM400