Sign in to follow this  

Cycle World crf450

just looked at the latest cycle world mag, and there was a long term test of a crf450x. after 65 hrs they reported putting $1147.00 incl new set of tires in it for maintenance. My xr440 has 8000 miles and maybe 500 hrs on it. New tires only. My ktm 300 has about 3000 miles. Piston and rings and only tires thats it. I cant believe people are puting up with this super thumper maintenance expenses. By the way, it had an article about Enzberg enduro. D. Knight, Jeramy Mcgrath, and many others all on 2 artokes. Meaning, you don t have to a a superthumper to get the job done. Ive ridden a few 250f's and they are nice, but not worth the expense in my book. :thumbsup:

just looked at the latest cycle world mag, and there was a long term test of a crf450x. after 65 hrs they reported putting $1147.00 incl new set of tires in it for maintenance.

And the CRF owners brag on this fact like it is good. Dirt Rider did a similar longevity test 215 hours and spent $2131.11 not including tires after $2840.25 in modifications.