Sign in to follow this  

Garmin 60 c bar mount

I just got a Garmin 60 GPS and was wondering what bar mount is everyone using on the Garmin 60?

Thanks!

I bought this one. It's very solid.

http://www.cycoactive.com/ram/ram60.shtml

They also have a vibration reducing model

http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/tt60.html

They both look like they're backordered though.

I would recommend buying a kit to hard wire the gps to the battery. I had problems with my 60c shutting off from vibrations when it was on battery power.

I had trouble with my 76S doing that and I put a bit of tissue wadded up between the batteries and it fixed it. Maybe the batteries were loosing full contact from vibration and bouncing.

Yep, I've heard that the microprocessor cannot handle an unstable power supply and the GPS will just shut down. That's why hard wiring to the battery helps solve the problem.

Rib Eye, by chance do you have a picture of you mount without the GPS on it? I would like to see what it looks like before ordering one.

Once it's mounted would it take a big hit inorder to pop it loose? Can you also put the unit in a case and still mount it?

Thanks!

I bought this one. It's very solid.

http://www.cycoactive.com/ram/ram60.shtml

They also have a vibration reducing model

http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/tt60.html

They both look like they're backordered though.

I would recommend buying a kit to hard wire the gps to the battery. I had problems with my 60c shutting off from vibrations when it was on battery power.

I would recommend the second one, less vibration and it has a lock (just makes it a littel harder)

I would not use the Garmin bicycle handlebar mount, if it is the same as the eTrex Legend model. I looked at one and I would guess the first hard shock would rip the GPS from the mount. Pretty flimsy.

Rib Eye, by chance do you have a picture of you mount without the GPS on it? I would like to see what it looks like before ordering one.

Once it's mounted would it take a big hit inorder to pop it loose? Can you also put the unit in a case and still mount it?

Thanks!

I can take a photo and post it up, but it'll be this evening before I can do it.

It's held in pretty securely, but it's a good idea to have a leash or tether to keep it close to the bike in case it gets knocked off. I've never had it come loose, and it takes a two handed grab and twist motion to get it out of the mount, but in a wreck? Luckily I haven't had too bad of a crash yet.

OK, you talk me into it. I will order one tomorrow along with the hard wire kit.

Thanks for the pictures.

Does it vibrate while you're moving to the point that you can't glance at it and know where you're at? Or do you have to stop to read it?

I have a Garmin Vista mounted in a Ram Mount and it works great. Actually I liked it so much, I bought a second for my 4 wheeler. Just thought I would throw in my $0.02 about the Ram Mounts. I don't think you could find a better made mount.

Does it vibrate while you're moving to the point that you can't glance at it and know where you're at? Or do you have to stop to read it?

It doesn't vibrate at all. But the screen is pretty small. Honestly, I have never used it to navigate while riding. I normally stop to check my location and heading when I'm on the motorcycle. Probably if you zoomed it in real close it would be easier to use while riding.

He guys,,,

I have a ram mount for my old emap, which always worked great

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 60cx

It's hard to tell what keeps the unit in the mount?

Does it just snap into place?

tia

When I'm dual sporting my KTM 300 I use the same RAM handlebar mount as in the pics from Rib Eye. I also have it hardwired.

When I'm trail riding I have it mounted to the straps of my camelback. It is easier on the unit and will take less impacts as my legs will absorb most of the bumps.

The basic handlebar mount will snap off as a result repetitive bumps. (mine did :p )

The RAM unit that Rib Eye posted is top notch.:cheers:

The Ram mount will hold the GPS in place over the hardest bumps. I have gone down hard on the bike and still it didn't come off. I give this mount :cheers::p