Sign in to follow this  

Bone graph didn't work.....now what??

Hello hello,

I had surgery about 2 months ago on a non-union scaphiod that happened about a year ago. The surgeon pinned the scaphiod and took some bone from my arm and plumbed in a blood vessel to try and get blood supply back to the bone. Well on my 8 week check up the x-ray shows the graph did not work. Now the surgeon is talking about fusing, but i'm a little leary on that. He said i would probly lose mobility in my wrist. Its my right (throttle) hand and i need all the mobility i can get there. What are my options? SHould i tough out the little bit of pain or get it fused? My strength it good but my wrist can't take very much pounding before it gets too weak. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

i say you dont get it fused and you get a cti wrist brace

I do have a CTi wrist brace..... works great. Its the pounding (ie hard landings, monster breaking bumps, big whoops, etc) that wears my wrist out.

I will post a copy of the x-ray ASAP...thanks. Its nice to have a doctor who actually understands motocross and the body movements that is needed to ride, not putt around.... i mean ride!!