3X3.....oops?

um, so i was at work today, bord and out of money. thats why i was at work. so i decided to do the 3X3 mod. so i did and now the bike runs really boggy. whenever i get on the gas, i take off and then about the middle of the power band it boggs and then comes back then it does it again. even in 4 gear and crusing, it might bogg down for a second. am i too lean now??? is it that simple? :thumbsup:

ok check your carb and it might have soomething to do with it being lean check your manuel for this problem

Yep, probably need to rejet it. The 3x3 & rejetting should be done @ the same time.

you cant just cut the hole with out jetting.

You must have read about how to do the 3x3 mod. Did you miss the part about rejetting in conjunction with this mod? :thumbsup: They go hand in hand!

uuummm....oh. doh! well i'm going to rejet as soon as i get the yosh rs3 on. i guess i'm jumping the gun a little.

tape off 1/3 (maybe more?) of the hole and that should hold you over till you rejet

Nice advice Aaron, that should get his bike back to running normal until he can get the jetting done! :thumbsup:

duct tape is a good diagnosis tool for people who are not all knowing (Eddie) to troubleshoot lean jetting (3x3 w/o jetting for example)

i use duct tape to do more air less air tests on the dyno.

Couldn't you just remove the left side cover to expose the airbox, take a quick ride and see if there is any need for jetting. That not be the same as the 3x3 mod?

I guess the shop I bought my bike from didn't re-jet my '06 for my altitude (I'm at 4500 ft), and at the time, I didn't know enough to ask about it.

It's running very rich and cuts out pretty bad, especially on rides above 7000 and up. It runs better with the snorkel out, and runs GREAT with the side cover off.

So in my case, I think I'll go ahead and do the 3x3 mod, and rejet as soon as I can get the parts ordered.

(Burned: Any tips on what jets/clip position I should use? I ride from 4000 to 10000)

I would recommend doing the mod as soon as you can. Just did it on mine - 3x3 and re-jet and it's a completely different bike. The wheel comes off the ground in 1st 2nd and 3rd without even trying!

I would recommend doing the mod as soon as you can. Just did it on mine - 3x3 and re-jet and it's a completely different bike. The wheel comes off the ground in 1st 2nd and 3rd without even trying!

nice :thumbsup:

Because you are lucky enough to be at 4500 ft you can do the 3x3 without rejetting and get a major boost. I did mine about a month ago and haven't rejetted yet because I'm waiting for the fcr carb.... huge difference

how big of a difference does this make

how big of a difference does this make

Huge difference. Ask Eddie before starting for the rejet size. He was right on the money with my rejet and the bike runs great. Do it you will like it :thumbsup: