Sign in to follow this  

Weather and jetting

I recently put the TEC insert back into my RS3 for another issue.

I have the Yoshi, 3x3, stock carb with DJ kit to burned specs, K&N.

The bike was running very well without the insert with just a bit of decel pop. I thought it would be too rich with the TEC insert, but it still runs great, with a little less decel pop.

I'm used to 2 strokes, which are affected by the weather.

It's been 100 degrees and high humidity here recently. That should make the bike run rich, correct?

Then with the TEC insert, it should be very rich, but it runs great, no adjustments needed!!

Are 4 strokes less affected by weather??

much less weather affect, in the hot humid weather about the only adjustment i need to make is to bring in the fuel screw a 1/4 turn or so

So my jetting should be exactly the same, with or without the TEC insert? plus or minus a small amount on the fuel screw?

I just searched some TEC insert jetting threads, according to Eddie "burned", a 155 main jet is needed for the Yoshi with the insert and a 160 main jet without the insert.

But my bike seems to run just fine, actually runs well with a 160 main with or without the TEC insert. I can't really see any difference in the way it runs. Why is this? Just curious.

By the way my insert is the long narrow one with the screen covering it.

what elevation?high humidity and 100 degree weather will make it run a bit rich.where i live the temps are extream from very cold to as hot where you are and the only jetting chage i do is a needle clip pos.when it gets really hot i noticed my bike feeling heavy so i lean it out 1 needle clip at a time.the tec insret you have is a spark arrester and will not affect jetting.

I'm at about 400-500 feet elevation. Thanks for the answer on the insert, I have been reading different opinions on jetting with and without the "potato".