Sign in to follow this  

My first motard might be an '01 640SM LC4

I want to get a street-legal supermoto so bad I can't stand it. I've found the bike listed above for a fair price ($4600) I believe, but I want to hear from others besides the guy wanting to sell it to me, about the pros/cons of this machine.

My needs for a bike like this would be short trips into town, playing on the twisties and a dirt road or two. Also I'm 6'4", 215lbs and no stranger to big bore dirtbikes.

Thanks for any and all replies. :thumbsup:

Buy it..you'll love it!

I have over 20k miles on my 01 lc4e sm conversion..it's confused actually..it goes back and forth to dirt as well, check my garage for dirt set up :applause:

I've done track days at Thunderhill and Sears, dirt rides, 200 mile street rides with sport bikes, commute to work, ride 2 up, go camping, single track, fire roads, freeway and PCH. All with a big fat, stupid grin on my face. :ride:

If you love big bore thumpers...you'll love the lc'y :thumbsup:

That's just my humble opinion though.

Don't hesitate any longer - just buy it. I converted an "E" model this past spring - it's proving to be the most fun I've had on 2 wheels in the last 20 years - honestly. I also have 2 other bikes - a Yamaha YZF and a 2004 Triumph Daytona - both aren't being ridden because I can't keep off the KTM. I rode the Triumph last Sunday simply cause the wife was nagging something about "If you don't ride it, why do you need it." - something to that effect. Women??

Pro's - awesome bike (once converted right)

reliable

incredible cornering capabilities - it'll smoke unsuspecting racer boys

in the corners all day

with this suspension - you'll look for rough stuff or things to jump

Con's - it vibrates - but you'll get used to it

not a bike you'd want to take on a long highway cruise

Loctite every bolt - you'll loose a few.

I have a 640sm, great bike, vibrates yes, but I am getting used to it. The handling is the best, fast accurate and quite forgiving if you run in a little hot.

Just got a 950se, its an animal...