Sign in to follow this  

560 smr or sxv 550?.....or tm 660 smx??!

this year there is a possibility that i will get into supermoto racing.which of this great bikes you think is best?has anyone ridden any of these?aprilia's advantage though is that it comes street legal...any opinions about reliability?

i rode the aprilia last week ,that sealed it for me i am getting one ,but it will be a race bike only not sure on street use

the bad thing about aprilia is that its reliability has not been tested.and still there aren't tuning parts on the market such as exhausts,engine kits,etc.apart from aprilia's power.i believe that with an open exhaust the sxv would have by far the sweetest sound of all supermotos.

Arrow and a few others all ready make exhausts for the SXV/RXV but you don't see them at any U.S. distributors because the bikes are just getting here. I'll be getting a SXV 550 but I'm going to wait till they're street leagle. That should allow Aprilia time to work out any more bugs and get up to speed on service and parts availability.

So, is it going to be a race bike or a street bike? If you intend to race it, the first thing to do is check and see what's legal for the class you want to run. The Aprilia may not be legal...

Quite a few racing here (Aprilia) in the UK re-map ignition and an exhaust and the 450 is putting out between 62 - 65 RWBHP the guys who have dynoed them etc have not run the 550 yet but the mention is of 70 RWBHP before re map and exhaust. I am sure there are doubters out there but in a straight line they eat my CRF. :thumbsup:

Quite a few racing here (Aprilia) in the UK re-map ignition and an exhaust and the 450 is putting out between 62 - 65 RWBHP the guys who have dynoed them etc have not run the 550 yet but the mention is of 70 RWBHP before re map and exhaust. I am sure there are doubters out there but in a straight line they eat my CRF. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys forgot to add the TM is a real weapon but has a very stringent and costly service schedule and you daren't skimp on it I have seen the results.........

here in greece there are already sxv's in stores and they are street legal all of them.i think it will be different here in europe compared to the usa...and i think the sxv generally in europe is allowed to race the open category.in greece,it is allowed as you can see 450's and 550's racing.