'07 250 XCF-W Arrives, With NO Spark Arrester

IT'S IN!!!

My 07 250 XCF-W came in today!!! It LOOKS TERRIFIC! Awsome black shocks and rims, and very light weight!

I saw it, sat on it, and am having bark busters and shark fins installed.

HOWEVER: THERE IS NO SPARK ARRESTER. And the parts department isn't sure that one is available. So I left it at the dealer while they search for one. Can't ride it out here without one. It's too dry in the woods, and the last thing I want to do is burn down a national forest. Skid plates, radiator guards, etc. are on order.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW ABOUT WHETHER A SPARK ARRESTER IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE???

Also, contrary to some reports, THERE ARE NO LIGHTS.

"pretty much common knowledge" except for the guy at my dealership, and about 1/2 the posts on the various sites - - many of which claimed they'd have both lights (which I could care less about) and a spark arrester (which is a fairly important piece of hardware for a woods bike!).

As soon as I get it legal, and home in my garage, there will be pics!

Pro-Moto is closed this weekend, so I've emailed them to ask about compatability with the 07s.

The FMF-Q and the Akropovich both seem like alternatives.

I would have prefered that KTM ship the bike without a muffler at all and then discount it $300, since we're all going to have to go out and buy one separately.

I hear ya on that one - put some $$ in the Co. that sell aftermarket pipes - they will be bankin on this years bikes !!

A friend of mine put a PB tip on his crf and said if had it to do over again he would have bought a muffler for the bike instead.

dp ?

Thanks for being responsable on the spark arrestor setup, I spent the weekend going thru Idaho & Montana on my street bike and saw several fires. The Hamiton area was so smoggy I thought I was in LA.

When the XC line was brought out in 06 the theory is that they where setup for th GNC races which do not require spark arrestors and they don't want lights. Plan was why would we put a couple hunderd dollars worth of pieces on the bike that the buyer tosses.

BTW, the spark arrestor does not look like much in manufactoring cost but you can count on it that KTM pays dearly for License fees!!

Well, unfortunately the shape of the XCF-W and the shape of the black SXF pipes are different. Thus, that won't work.

I ordered a new FMF Titanium Powercore with a Spark Arrester and a Quiet Insert. Hopefully it'll be here soon and I'll be able to actually give it a test ride.

I did ride around a field and around the neighborhood, and both my KTM250EXC 2-stroke buddy and I like the bike.

It's got gobs of torque. Unbelievable amounts of low end torque in the first three gears (not enough pavement to hit 4th). The suspension is definitely a bit softer than earlier KTM EXCs, which is what I wanted.

And the fit and finish of the bike is absolutely incredible. The details of the bike are to be amazed at. We just sat in the garage and stared at it for 2+ hours.

Of course, some of my neighbors weren't too happy, but I certainly am.

Once the FMF pipe with SA arrives, it'll head to the woods for some easy break in hours.

Again: KUDOS TO KTM for producing such a huge variety of models and versions for us all. There's at least one perfect bike in their lineup for us all.