Sign in to follow this  

What's up with Longview MX?

I was up there a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday night and the tracks were in terrible condition. Four inches of dust covering a hard concrete surface, on the dirt track and what sand track, the place looked as if it had not been water or groomed for weeks. Is this normal for weekdays? Are they grooming for the weekend? I don't want to waste a 45 minute drive and 20 bucks to ride in conditions that poor again. Thanks for any input.

The first time I went there in like June the place was in pretty good shape but it has just went downhill from there.

Those hillbilly's down there need to get out of their shack and work on the track. :thumbsup: I thought I heard a banjo playing last time I was there.

They are probably to busy cookin up thier meth in bath tubes :thumbsup:

The time I went it was in decent shape but it's been a long time I'm not in a rush to go back if it's this crappy right now.

I went a few weeks ago and me and my step brother were the only people there the whole day. The track was bad and was super dusty. Like somebody else said they need to water it with the sprinklers they have and groom it with tractor that is on display next to the track. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I don't like to jump my bike and probably because I'm too old and scared. LOL I just ride from my house 2-5 miles and I have all the logging roads and trails I could ever ask for, For you track lovers, get out and see the country once in a while, Oh and PS you have to get a DS bike its the only way to go. HEHE

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/deej1914/100_5361.jpg

Did somebody say meth?????

And about Longview no less! :gasp:

The nerve of some people!

Yeah we went there last weekend. The last time I went there a while ago I didn't have a lot of fun but since then I've improved a lot and had a blast out there. Now they always have it groomed awesome and I don't think there was a time all day that they weren't watering.

What's good about riverdale is that since it's that sandy/ash or whatever soil they can water as much as they want and it doesn't get all slick. I'll be there saturday or sunday, whenever I get my bike jetted for the stock pipe.

We rode there a few weeks back. It was 85-90 degrees out and they had forgot to shut off the sprinklers overnight. The mud was deep. By 2 the traction was perfect but the humidity was a killier. The kid was driving the new Deere Dozer and was dragging some kind of concrete bar(?) and tried to undo the damage. Worked OK. The MX track does get real dusty if they dont keep the watering going though.

I wish they would send the dozer around the GP track and rebuild that part soon.

We rode there a few weeks back. It was 85-90 degrees out and they had forgot to shut off the sprinklers overnight. The mud was deep. By 2 the traction was perfect but the humidity was a killer. The kid was driving the new Deere Dozer and was dragging some kind of concrete bar(?) and tried to undo the damage. Worked OK. The MX track does get real dusty if they dont keep the watering going though.

I wish they would send the dozer around the GP track and rebuild that part soon.