Sign in to follow this  

What are some cheap mods for the ttr 125

Read the 'Sticky' posts at the top of this forum. They are there to prevent questions like yours. Live and learn, Grasshopper. Welcome to the forums.

i just did the airbox mod (without cutting the extra hole in the top) and my bikes sounds sooooo much deeper! i dont know if its just the sound, but my bike feels like it has had a power boost!

omg i love the sound of it now!

i just did the airbox mod (without cutting the extra hole in the top) and my bikes sounds sooooo much deeper! i dont know if its just the sound, but my bike feels like it has had a power boost!

omg i love the sound of it now!

You should try this. It requires no cutting of the airbox but it does require some cutting into the cover.

000_0015.jpg which by the way is easier and better to do

000_0016.jpg

I just thought I should let people know of the cutting of the cover and not the lid is a great Idea becuase a new cover is $11 and a new airbox is way more. (if you ever need to seal it cause of the rain/mud or dust/sand)

That whiteish thing you see on my cover is some window screen wrapped in fabric softeners

Trentan, I told you to do this before. Search for your questions, because there is a HUGE chance that it has been covered in depth here. If you ever have any other questions that you can't find the answers too, feel free to start a new thread, or PM me about it. Good luck. :thumbsup:

what are you concidering cheap? $$ wise under 100? under $50?

That whiteish thing you see on my cover is some window screen wrapped in fabric softeners

more air flow AND better smelling air! :thumbsup:

how do you find that works? it is alot better?

ditch the snorkel and cut the top of the airbox out. your ttr will love you for it.

also, if you want to mcgyver your pipe, you can take a large hole saw and a big drill, and hack out all the restrictive crap you can see. then, take a thin piece of stainless steel about the size of the stock flange on the endcap, cut a hole about a 1/2 inch to an inch diameter in the center of the piece, and bolt it to your exhaust where the endcap used to be.

it sounds ghetto, but you will know the difference. and if you go this route, know that the bike will be LOUD.

Trenton,

Just finished up my TTR125 mods this weekend. Very easy and very cheap. Here's the runddown.

Power Tip for stock exhaust ($30)

2 new jets (17.5 & 110) $6

K& N filter $60 but probably not necessary.

This is all for the standard mods that you keep reading about on the posts. Mod the exhaust, mod the airbox, replace the jets.

Really runs nice. Makes a good sound as well. Makes it sound almost like a motorcycle and not an electric scooter.

I could have done them all in an hour, but my 12y/o wanted to pretend we were pimping his rids and he was big Pauly.

BTW. I do not think it is necessary to drill an addtional hole in the airbox. Just removing the snorkle is good enough. There is actually more surface area after removing the snorkle than the opening under the air filter, so no need to add more.

Well worth the hour of your time.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/tpi_valve.htm

Low Boy is an alternative to cutting a hole in your box...you still have to, but this allows you to close it up when needed (water/mud) or to richen things up, plus it has a little filter built in too...

i like that...

but i already hacked open my airbox...