Sign in to follow this  

kibblewhite valves installed

Well I got tired of looking at my bike sitting in the corner of the garage collecting dust, so I took it out for a spin. Its been sitting ever since I had it rebuilt by Honda. New head with Kibblewhite valves and new piston and rings. Why would any manufacturer put Ti valves in these things in the first place is beyond common since. I can not tell any difference in the acceleration or listening to it rev. If the steel valves were good enough for the first YZ400F, then why wouldn't they be good enough for a 250 trail bike. I just may keep this thing after all, or at least until it brakes down again. Anyways the Kibblewhite valves seem to work rather nicely dispite being steel, and I am sure the wear factor has to be better than stock, but then again thats not saying much. Even with the engine being new the bike seems to accelerate at the same pace as before the engine failure. So if any of yas are thinking Kibblewhite valves as a replacement then go for it.

DRH

I hope you used Hi Quality Springs. The Ti valves are not the issue. The Coating on the OEM Ti valves are poor as are the OEM springs. That is 90% of the valve issue. Good luck with the KW valves. We are running their Exjaust valves and they seem very good but we have RHC/Ferrea springs.

The entire kit was from Kibblewhite including the springs. I too hope the results will be postive.