Sign in to follow this  

bog off idle

i have a 06 crf450 and when it is ideling, if i braap the throttle hard, it bogs down then revs up, if i keep it above about 1/4th throttle and braap it, it revvs fast, crisp and smooth. im not that good at jetting so is their anything i can do to fix it that a ok mechanic could do??? its a bone stock bike. my friend said somthing about adjusting the fuel screw or somthing

thanks

i have a 06 crf450 and when it is ideling, if i braap the throttle hard, it bogs down then revs up, if i keep it above about 1/4th throttle and braap it, it revvs fast, crisp and smooth. im not that good at jetting so is their anything i can do to fix it that a ok mechanic could do??? its a bone stock bike. my friend said somthing about adjusting the fuel screw or somthing

thanks

it does this while riding it?

it runs fine. it only does the bog thing when its in a low rpm and i braap the throttle hard. i don't really notice it when im riding because im rarely in the low rpm and when i am, i don't notice it at all

treat it first with the air screw and then posibly a pilot jet change.

treat it first with the air screw and then posibly a pilot jet change.

Ditto, except four-strokes have a fuel screw, not an air screw.

Two-stroke- air screw

Four-stroke- fuel screw

If your bike is bogging, adjust your fuel screw in. A smaller pilot jet may be in order.:thumbsup:

alright, this may sound stupid but....where exactly is the fuel screw on a crf450

thanks for the help though guys