Sign in to follow this  

Lightened LTZ flywheel.

HERE is a pic of the LTZ flywheel I had lightened. I don't know where they took all of the weight off, but they got it down about 10oz from stock.

Shouldn't you make sure it's balanced before installing it? If it's not you make be putting a lot of stress on your crank bearings.

as the material was removed with a lathe...unless then cut off a weight.. it will be balanced.. Could not hurt to have a shop capable of checking.. But I'd bet it is as balanced as it came from the factory. (unless they removed a weight or weighted material embedded in the portion of the flywheel removed)

True. If the only material removed was done with a lathe and like Bronco said, no weights were in the removed material, then it would remian balanced.

It should be ballanced then, It has three little pits in the side like the ones in the pic. They weren't there before I sent it off. I don't see why they would cut the flywheel and not ballance it. It's a professional shop, and they advertise flywheel reduction as a service. Not just someone who has a lathe and decided to cut a flywheel. There is another TTer that had it done and he hasn't said anything negative.