Sign in to follow this  

head pipe gasket

Got my Muzzy yesterday and went to put it on. When I removed the old head pipe, I didn't see and couldn't find a gasket. But checking the fiche, I see it's this thing on the end of the head pipe, which I have but thought was part of the pipe.

Question is, should I be using a larger one, such as the E exhaust gasket? Or are they the same size?

Checked the fiche again: same part number. I keep answering my own questions!

OK, here's one I can't answer. Sticking my fingers into the exhaust port, I noticed it's pretty dirty in there. Should I spray some carb cleaner or anything in there before installing the new head pipe? I'm assuming Windex is a no no.

Don't spray anything in there that you don't want getting into your engine :applause: . Just let it go, remember it is leaving the engine :thumbsup: . The exhaust from an internal combustion engine can be dirty :ride: .

Got a Muzzy eh? :ride:

My gasket stayed inside the motor when I took off the stock pipe but the bike had really low miles so I just re-used it. If you don't already have one...a spring puller really helps when attaching all the springs. Don't forget to post a pic after you get it all installed. :thumbsup:

When I installed my new pipe, the gasket was stuck to the old pipe when I took it out. It was hard to see because it looked like a part of the pipe. I was able to reuse it.

It was hard to see because it looked like a part of the pipe. I was able to reuse it.
Yup, that's what happened to me. I'm going down to the garage down and put it on. It's only 85 degrees out now! :thumbsup:

Won't be able to start it though. Aside from the hour and the fact that I don't hate my neighbors, Starcycle forgot to ship the insert and spark arrester. Tomorrow, I'll run it wide open!