05 KX250F Owners

What are the bugs and what do you need to buy to fix them. Valves/spings,head components, water pumps, etc. Whats the cost for the fix's. (links would help)

What should you not do/ do on the race track (to help or agervate the bike).

What gas is the best for your engine. Not performance.

Whats this oil I here you mix your gas with? Does it work.

Whats the usual maintence schedual and what does it invlove? (oil changes, oil filter, valve checking, valve re-setting, valve re-placement, cam/chain replacemnet, piston/ring replacement) Whats the cost of it monthly?

And what do I NEED to buy for 4 stroke maintence (links would help) ?

Thank you all ?

dont ride on the rev limiter, try to stay away from it but when your riding aggressive chances are your gonna hit the rev limiter every now and then..even if u hit it its not like your bikes gonna blow up on the spot.

i check the valves every 5 hours, change oil every 3 rides, clean oil filter every oil chainge, put in new air filter, or clean air filter every ride...when your valves have no clearance then its time to rebuild the top end new valves springs, and get the seats replaced...costs arouind 500$ average....u NEED to buy feller guages to check the clerance, and the best performace gas is vp-u4 but its expensive and i u should use 91 octane for gas... and i think there wasnt many problems with the 05....the 04 had cooling problems and it was fixed for 05...the 05 is a great bike...but the only downside is the valve train which is basically the only problem with all the kxf's

You don't mix oil in the gas of 4 strokes, you do that on two strokes only. Nofear's advise is good. Keep you oil changed and filter cleaned on a regular basis and check your valves. As long as your not bouncing off the rev limiter all the time, you will be fine. We had no problems with ours and I don't do the maint quite as often as Nofear does.

We change oil every other ride, change oil filter every other oil change. Clean the air filter every ride. Check the valves once a month. No problems with our 04, 05, or 06 using this schedule. Oh, and add water wetter to your coolant. Keeps the motor a few degrees cooler.

That's worked for us anyway.

Some one had said adding mystery oil helps valve train life. Also, is there anything that would inhance the durability of the valve train if i bought kibble white stuff? Or a new water pump...?

ohhh, marvel mystery oil....thats just a gas aditive that helps clean out engine carbon build up etc, if u wanna run that just run it in a tank of gas like every other month, you dont really need it too often because i dont think these bikes get the same type of build up as cars do..

i run that stuff in my truck all the time, works good