Sign in to follow this  

Actual Wet weight ?

What is the actual wet weight on the CRF250X ?

Also has anyone used the Athena 280 kit ? Opinions ?

Thanks,

Dwight

(16 year XR Jockey)

i have read so many diff. specs its unbeliveable. but the one that seems the most common, is 233lb wet. it gets thrown around the most to my readin'. but i would say that its from 233-235. that seems about right. since dry is claimed 228. but like i said, the numbers are everywhere.

athena kit gets nothing but thumbs up. and you cant beat the price per performance increase. dont have personal experience, but its what everyone who does says. alot of people use it and love it.

Rick Ramsey measured his '04 at 236 lbs with all fluids and no gas. Probably hasn't changed much for newer models.

Sounds like you might like a change. Hope all is well with you and you can still kickstart.

You posted this question in other sections of TT. I posted a link to some info there.

Sounds like you might like a change. Hope all is well with you and you can still kickstart.

You posted this question in other sections of TT. I posted a link to some info there.

No problem, Just a little disappointed in my riding since the back surgery. I always rode my best on the Big bores or the mid bores like a XR315cc. I was seeing if there was a significant difference in weight in the new 250 4 strokes and my KTM 525EXC. My XR315 weighed about 245 without gas. My KTM weighs 257 without gas. Seems most new 250 4 stroke enduros weigh about 250 without gas. Hardly enough difference to set down. I just better step up the excercise program.

IMO,

Dwight

253lbs ready to ride (full of fuel) I used to own an xr 305 and the new 250 4- strokers eat it up except at crawling speeds. I'm not sure if its torque or more flywheel but the xr was better on the low end

Dirt rider April 2006 measured a 2006 crf250x 250lbs.

Those are some INTERESTING scales! Where did you get them?

Mine weighs in at about 250 lbs with fuel after I ditched the stock muffler for the 'R' muffler.