Sign in to follow this  

im looking for some more low end power, and suggestions?

ive got a 06 yz250f and i need some more low end power and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. whether a different piston or a big bore kit. anything thatll help.

FMF megabomb header

Hi-comp piston

WEBCAMS

porting for more low end

Or if you wanna go really wild throw a smaller carb on there if you can fid one.

More power down low? Cheap you say? Change the sprocket!

Other than that.... the usual: exhaust of your choice, power now system, whatever. Remember though, nothing beats CCs!!! It all depends on how much you want to spend.

if i go with new sprockets what chain should i get. i know 520's are stock but was looking ad did chains and they have all the way up to a 630. can i go higher than the 520? also, which bore kit should i be looking at.

go with a 52 tooth in the back and a 12 in the front, and that will help. GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

if i go with new sprockets what chain should i get. i know 520's are stock but was looking ad did chains and they have all the way up to a 630. can i go higher than the 520? also, which bore kit should i be looking at.

OMG! That just showed how inexperienced you are. Go take it to your local dealer and ask for HELP

You are kidding I hope.

Get a EK 520 O or X ring chain. Your bike uses 520 chain and that is what fits the sprockets.

It is sad these bikes have such short strokes as that is where most of the low end goes. They rev faster but have no torque down low. No leverage.

Dwight

go with a 52 tooth in the back and a 12 in the front, and that will help. GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

Yep, thats what i run. :applause: Look in my garage for all of the engine mods to go with it. Pulls harder than a 139 smoker in the loose stuff as i found out yesterday. :ride:

OMG! That just showed how inexperienced you are. Go take it to your local dealer and ask for HELP

i prefer to do my own work that way i know itll get done right and if i mess it up it is my fault. i was just looking at chains and was wondering if i could put something stronger on it. i called a shop today and he said something about the carb and the airbox. any ideas.