Sign in to follow this  

2004 TTR 125 Wont start

Electric start version.. Charged Battery, Changed spark plug, changed jets, Took carb apart and cleaned everything. Still wont start..Changed Stator.. wont start. ITs getting spark. Brought to a shop.. They said when they finally got it started, would run for 15 minutes and then Bog real bad and shut off.. Could it be a short? Need new Carb? Honestly.. can't see it would need a new carb. Wont start by kick start or electric start. Any ideas? Yes.. the gas is on. lol.

THanks

Are you running fresh gas? How about your jets? You could have the jetting wrong on it. What jets are you running?

check to make sure your gas is on (peticock) yesterday when i finished putting my bike back together i couldnt figure out why it wouldnt start, turns out i forgot to turn the gas back on :thumbsup:

had a similar problem, do you have access to an air nossle?

if u do then take the vent hose and blow the tip of the nozzle into it, fuel should start comin outta the overflow

if it starts after this then it was *airlocked* like mine (means lotta pressure in tank not lettin fuel in)

OR MAKE SURE VENT HOSE ISNT CLOGGED OR PRESSURE WILL BUILD GREATLY AND NOT ALLOW FUEL IN

and yes put fresh fuel in before doing this

yea there might be some tank vacuum, which would prevent gas from flowing to the carb. this is why it would run for 15 minutes and then bog out.