Recluse Clutch For Mx?

It takes a little getting used to, but once accustomed it is kick a**! You shouldnt need to abuse the clutch on a 450 anyway. They have enough power to either throw big roost or wheelie any time you twist the throttle (neither of which are increasing your speed) so why do it? I have plenty of friends in the Houston area running them in Mx, most keep the lever which I have eliminated and now have the rear brake on the left hand side. My only gripe is the hand brake needs more power, it takes more effort to lock up than I would like. The change back to stock is so easy if desired. The owner probably still has the original parts around. If not some TT member would probably sell theirs cheap or work a trade for the Rekluse. Good Luck, I love mine if you cant tell.

Re-fastest 1.

"My only gripe is the hand brake needs more power, it takes more effort to lock up than I would like."

Sorry to thread jump, but do you know the piston size in the rear brake master cylinder.I am using a magura clutch master cylinder,tried 9.5mm first,didn't want to lock up.Now 10.5mm locks up ok, but lever pressure is a bit much,makes for some arm pump after a while.Any ideas for better size,so it feels like a normal front brake.

Re-fastest 1.

"My only gripe is the hand brake needs more power, it takes more effort to lock up than I would like."

Sorry to thread jump, but do you know the piston size in the rear brake master cylinder.I am using a magura clutch master cylinder,tried 9.5mm first,didn't want to lock up.Now 10.5mm locks up ok, but lever pressure is a bit much,makes for some arm pump after a while.Any ideas for better size,so it feels like a normal front brake.

the HS i run incorporate MX tracks into the loop sometimes and i find that it smooths things out,but i'm no MX rider either. essex,i'm going to try braking's rear caliper (bigger piston) and see if that helps. i run the rekluse master cyl and even after a new wave rotor and cm-44 pads it still takes a little more effort than i like,but i really like the way it works and am willing to invest a little time and money to improve on it ?

the HS i run incorporate MX tracks into the loop sometimes and i find that it smooths things out,but i'm no MX rider either. essex,i'm going to try braking's rear caliper (bigger piston) and see if that helps. i run the rekluse master cyl and even after a new wave rotor and cm-44 pads it still takes a little more effort than i like,but i really like the way it works and am willing to invest a little time and money to improve on it ?

Definitely would like to hear any results from anyone else trying something different.After trying a rear brake on the bars, i really dont want to go back.NC sound like you have the same problem.

I havent seen a master cylinder available that would match the stock foot actuated bore and stroke. It would be nice,I wonder if you could just bore the magura and install a larger piston. Dogtown brakes might be able to help.

braking makes a 16 and 19 mm master cyl setup for SM but i guess they're just for the front ? do you have a contact for dogtown brakes?

Magura make quite a few sizes, including 13mm for clutch.

Check this link,

https://images.nxgn-ltd.com/documents/016%20Hydraulic%20Controls%20catalogue.pdf

The 426 rear std master cylinder is 12.7mm,with 27mm caliper bore.

The 450 rear std master cylinder is 11.00mm same as the front on both bikes,with a caliper bore of 25.4mm.

I think it is just a matter of working out the leverage ratio,to piston size.

But how?

Just found out,smaller master cylinder=less lever pressure,but obviously it moves less fluid.Small amounts make a big difference,on mine (426) 9.5mm seems to small,10.5mm seems to big.

Anyone make a10.00mm. ?

Magura make quite a few sizes, including 13mm for clutch.

Check this link,

https://images.nxgn-ltd.com/documents/016%20Hydraulic%20Controls%20catalogue.pdf

The 426 rear std master cylinder is 12.7mm,with 27mm caliper bore.

The 450 rear std master cylinder is 11.00mm same as the front on both bikes,with a caliper bore of 25.4mm.

I think it is just a matter of working out the leverage ratio,to piston size.

But how?

Just found out,smaller master cylinder=less lever pressure,but obviously it moves less fluid.Small amounts make a big difference,on mine (426) 9.5mm seems to small,10.5mm seems to big.

Anyone make a10.00mm. :ride:

this has got me wondering??/ the braking replacement caliper is 28 mm....one might just put a 426 caliper on and get about the same results much cheaper. would the 426 stuff fit the 450's or is even the 03 450 stuff bigger?,i know they downsized the brakes for 05 ?

I have found with mine that dead engine starts with the bike in gear are not at all consistant. It has left me on the start line kicking many times!! Now I just leave it in nuetral to start.

Sap

don't warm your bike up as much as you used to,and when your on the line reach down before the start and make sure the clutch actuator arm is all the way forward. this has helped me alot. ? practice the starting routine before the race not during :ride:

this has got me wondering??/ the braking replacement caliper is 28 mm....one might just put a 426 caliper on and get about the same results much cheaper. would the 426 stuff fit the 450's or is even the 03 450 stuff bigger?,i know they downsized the brakes for 05 ?

I got the brake spec from an 02 426 manual,and an 03 450 one. Cant guarantee they are correct though,as i haven't measured them myself.

Was also wondering if you can alter the lever ratio ,like with some clutch levers,with a different pivot point.

just found out that the rekluse m/c is also 9.5mm, so with a larger caliper piston and a small m/c piston i'm guessing the force should be greater with relatively easy lever pull...or will the larger caliper piston require too much more m/c piston movement? i'm guessing it won't take up so much as to be a problem ?

just found out that the rekluse m/c is also 9.5mm, so with a larger caliper piston and a small m/c piston i'm guessing the force should be greater with relatively easy lever pull...or will the larger caliper piston require too much more m/c piston movement? i'm guessing it won't take up so much as to be a problem ?

I tried the 9.5mm on my 426,to get it to lock i had to pull lever back to the bars, that was at low speed,2nd gear.

Lever pressure was not a problem though,nice and easy,just a bit to much movement.

Maybe i'll try it again and make sure there is no slack in lever.

Also running magura blood not brake fluid.Don't know if that would make a difference,easier to bleed though.