Sign in to follow this  

Oil check bolt loosen's frequently

Is anyone else having this problem? I always have to tighten it before and during riding. I tighten it down pretty good, I dont wanna go any further and risk stripping it. :thumbsup:

John

If your talking about the clutch side then it should have a copper washer on there to hold it in place.A spot of thread lock will seal the threads.

You should be running 0.85 L in the tranny any ways as has been discussed on here for a while so the check level is bolt is irrelevant.

Lol. Its way to small.. and where the heck do you plan on safty wiring it to? Yeah there should be a copper washer on the bolt that could be your problem, if not just loc-tite that puppy in there.

Lol. Its way to small.. and where the heck do you plan on safty wiring it to? Yeah there should be a copper washer on the bolt that could be your problem, if not just loc-tite that puppy in there.

safety wire? :thumbsup: ...... duct tape baby :ride: just put a lockwasher on there and that should help

it may not seal with a lock washer and you could have a slow leak, get a new brass washer.

They are copper crush washers and are not intended to be used over and over.........