Sign in to follow this  

Roost Protection

Ok, considering buying some. I sorta like the 661 Core saver suit. Looking for something along those lines... sorta a vest type deal, but that's not set in stone. My mom is a nurse and is worried about me getting killed (no... that's not a typo, one good hit to the right spot and ur heart will stop dead, atleast that's what she says). Anyway, what you guys recommend. I'm sure some of you have gone though a few of these things and have an idea of what's good and what isn't.

Also, i'm looking for something that will last and be confterable. If i need to replace it ever couple of years i mind as well go the cheap rought here. But if i can use it for say 10 or something, i'll pay a bit more.

how about the thor core chest protecter. you don't want a stone shelid, you want a chest protecter, the hard plastic one.

i was thinking about the Sentinal(sp?) from thor also, IMO top notch design, comfort, and protection.

I was thinking more under-jersay... i'd look flat out goofy wearing one of those things without a jersay underneith. (I don't own one... t-shirt works for me in the Summer, then i wear a sweatshirt or something when it gets colder)

when i do wear mine only at certain places i have a thor core. i tried the TLD ones and they are nice as well but very expensive. don't worry about how you look i wear t-shits all the time even though i have three jerseys, t-shirts are comfy. best to go try them out someplace that has a big selection. you also have to think if you want the upper arm guards.

I really don't think I need the upper arm gaurds.... worst i've had happen was i caught a branch weird and tore a shirt... no big deal... and i know, it's for when it happens next, but i just don't see the need.

I would still recomend an over the jersey/t shirt plastic protector.

I like the airframe because it gives you front and back protection i took off the side arms guards.

There`s a thor protector with an optional back plate.

There`s a friend who is fat as hell and he doesnt wear the chest protector because he says he looks goofy because hes so fat.

Well hes always afraid of riding because he feels underprotected.

I have received a lot of branches hits and a couple of handlebars slams without mentioning the protection against falling over rocks and stuff.

First its your safety then its looks.

PS.- I was feeling very confident riding track do i was thnking of not using my chest protector, then i saw a ost in here of a guy who cased a jump and had his chest wide open from the surgery he required. I know that the chest protector wouldnt have taken the whole hit, but the damage might have been less drastic. The next day i wore the chest protector and i slammed against the handlebars casing a double... i was glad i only had some light bruises.

Alright. One thing you have to remember, atleast in my case, is i ride trails. I have an XR... they don't fly well. I don't get hit with much at all. I'm more likely to get a bush or tree to the handlebar then a rock to the chest.

in your case if your trail riding i would suggest upper arm guards and elbow guards. i don't have the upper arm guards but i do have quite a bit of scars from tree branches jumping out at me.

branches jump out at you? Maybe you should be more like Chuck Noris... just out at the branches and have them bow before you.... atleast they do for me.

I was thinking more under-jersay... i'd look flat out goofy wearing one of those things without a jersay underneith. (I don't own one... t-shirt works for me in the Summer, then i wear a sweatshirt or something when it gets colder)

I'll throw this out there. For under jersey wear, look at the Pressure Suits from Shift (I don't own one). I think they've got 4 different styles to choose from, with corresponding prices.

You should try a pressure suit, it goes under the jersey. Been wearing them for a few years now and I am very happy with them. I found some on sale too...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/PG409A00-Sixsixone+Pressure+Suit+06.aspx

They also have last years model for $95.

I would recommend wearing something like this with it- http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=7&coll_id=200&pf_id=1000039 they help draw the moisture from your body and keep you cooler.