Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Tendonitis/Tendonosis?

I've recently gotten back into frequent trail ridding since buying my DRZ and now I'm suffering from a really painful right elbow. It's classic "tennis elbow", with pain on the outer part of the elbow. I found information on this on the net (see link if you're interested), but I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered from this malady. If so is there anything I can do to aleviate it other than not ride, or taking ibuprofen (which I am already doing)? I'm really enjoying my riding, but I hate this elbow pain! :thumbsup:

http://www.handuniversity.com/topics.asp?Topic_ID=5

I have suffered the same problem in my left elbow.

Physiotherapy and gentle exercise have brought about a 100% cure, good luck.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

EDIT: I also had a six week course of Ultra Sound treatment, just 3 or 4 minutes twice a week.

I had it from off road cycling.

Got to give it some rest, at least 10 days, then slowly get back to riding. After each ride ice your arm down and then use an Ace bandage to apply compression. Continue anti-imflamatory use.

If you notice a slight improvement then go for some strength training of your wrist and forearm. Do foward and reverse curls and some grip squeezes using a tennis ball or grip exerciser.

Making your lower arm stronger is key.

Place your question on the medical forum here at TT (Ask Dr. Marx) for second opinion also.

Good Luck

Ron W.

good idea to make sure your bars are positioned just right for you. If you're putting tension on your joints to hold your arms in the riding position (and everyone's is different and it changes with speed/conditions), then you need to adjust. My stock bars put pressure on my left wrist.

Search with Google on something called Traumeel. I don't know if they are allowed to sell it in the States.

I have been walking/running around with an overstretched calve for more than a year. It was not the musle but the tendon.

Put this stuff on and do mild exercises without dumples to keep the blood flowing.

On my calve only one massage, followed with some Tendon stopped the pain and the injury never returned!

http://www.naturedoc.com/products/traumeel.html

Get better soon!

Noppy

I have tendenitis in both elbows. The pain comes and goes, but sometimes it takes a LONG TIME for it to stop. I use a device called an "air cast". It should be available at any drug store. It wraps around your arm about 2 fiingers away from the pain, thus applying constant pressure which helps. I've seen something similar at Target. Hope you feel better. :ride::thumbsup: