San Jacinto OHV....where is it?

I've both heard and read about there being a San Jacinto OHV area. Only mention is the ranger station in Idyllwild. I've googled my ass off, and can't find a map, or any mention of exactly where it is, where the trail head is, anything.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

ps. I HAVE tried calling the number I can find for the ranger station, and I get the message that the "PCS phone number you are trying to call is out of service"...

i've looked for it also...can't find it..i'm in riverside..it would be nice and close for me, but no info on it...if any1 knows help us out :thumbsup:

I haven't been there yet, but maybe this fall I'll check it out from SD.

You should buy a San Bernadino National Forest map. It shows a number of Trails/roads marked OHV. A lot of them are west of the 243, for instance:

4S05, 4S10, 5S09, 5S07. It looks like one of the places to pick up a trail is at the Indian Vista Scenic Overlook.

Down off of Bautista Canyon Rd. there are a few more.

Sorry I'm not familiar enough with the area to tell you more about the trails, but you can order a forest map at http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/nationalforeststore/nfs_order_form.html

Maybe I'll see you on the trails sometime. :thumbsup:

its behind lake Hemmet just off 74 be for you start climbing up the mountains there is some OK riding but mostly fire roads and watch out for the A holes with guns

There is a fire road ride from the bottom of the mountain to pine cove Approx 12mi.each way. there alot of trail crossing over and around the area. It is Green sticker. Take Hwy 74 /Florida Ave through Hemet Toward Idylwild at he bottom of the mountain there is a Ranger statition on the right. Just past on the left is a dirt road stage there.

Try searching for "Bee Canyon". My buddy lives in Hemet and rides out there.

• Like 1

Me and my two boy's shoulda hooked up with you today.We live right around the corner.San Jacinto.I laid on the couch all day wishing I coulda got my lazy butt off the couch and went riding.Been out there a coulple of times but didn't think it was really that big.Like to ride with ya up there.Was it crowded?

Wasn't crowded at all. We started Early (8:30am). There was a Jeep club up there, but they were very courteous and stopped while we passed. Only saw them once all day. We saw maybe 5-6 other bikes, 1 or 2 trucks...all in all, it was a good day. I have some pics I'll post.

I wouldn't call 220 miles of trails limited. We had a blast there all day today. One of my favorite spots to ride!:thumbsup:

Can anyone out there seriously suggest that they can look at the San Jacinto map and find 220 miles of green/red sticker legal riding???? http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/documents/ohvmap_san_jacinto.pdf

I don't doubt that you may have put on 220 miles your last ride, but I would suggest that you strayed onto mostly green/red sticker illegal roads/trails if you did, or road up and down the same couple of boring legal fire roads all day long.

• Like 1

I didn't put on 220 miles...I was reading from one of the OHV sites...

I'm not here to argue. If you don't like it, don't go there. We had a blast there. And no, we didn't "stray" onto anything illegal.

I'm not here to argue. If you don't like it, don't go there. We had a blast there. And no, we didn't "stray" onto anything illegal.

That 220 is for the entire system, including the San Bernardino Mountains (see the other two maps as well). I highly suspect that it is an inflated number, even including San B!!!

I live in Elsinore and am very interested in this. Can you bring a trailer and camp?

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!

........... bahhh :thumbsup:

I live in Elsinore and am very interested in this. Can you bring a trailer and camp?

Do a day ride first, before you think about camping!!! Like I said, the riding in San Jacinto is very very limited. I would only go there if I were desperate for somewhere to ride.....

• Like 1

reconranger, you were such a buzz kill with that statement, you killed a conversation for 9 years, bwahahaha.

Hey, if other people like it, they like it. :)

On 5/12/2008 at 6:47 AM, TheBlackSheep said:

Great place to ride! one of my favorites. Red Sticker year round as well. Everything from very steep/rocky/off camber hills to really bad ass rocky creekbeds. IMG_1724.JPG.6783fba04f9b181d40e50cc1d07e0047.JPGIMG_1744.JPG.fc73fd84b8fb21d3fcdc847cc928a8da.JPGIMG_1738.JPG.1e7955b822fa0f9dcd0170a451199047.JPG58fed2c84cd86_Image3.jpg.e0c34d948d83749f7a827a8057e8a700.jpg58fed2cc0faee_Image5.jpg.71b54950fb9ee00c1a14b91e877f7b2d.jpgIMG_1746.JPG.e75becedb9b184d9b55023efc34020c5.JPGIMG_1750.JPG.348743031640695db84ec8d827ef7a72.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG