Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Tendonitis/Tendonosis?

I've recently gotten back into frequent trail ridding since buying my DRZ and now I'm suffering from a really painful right elbow. :thumbsup: It's classic "tennis elbow", with pain on the outer part of the elbow. I found information on this on the net (see link if you're interested), but I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered from this malady. If so is there anything I can do to aleviate it other than not ride, or taking ibuprofen (which I am already doing)? I'm really enjoying my riding, but I hate this elbow pain! :ride:

http://www.handuniversity.com/topics.asp?Topic_ID=5

Man i have had tennis elbow severe for about a year now. I think mine was caused from bowling but now it hurts with everything i do especially riding moto. I am in my second round of phsical therapy ( 1st = 3weeks, 2nd = 6weeks) and its maybe 25% better. I have had 2 injections with the first coming right after my 3 week therapy and it felt 100%. Naturally if it doesn't hurt you dont want to keep up with the stretching 3-5 times a day and after about 3 months it came right back worse than ever. I then got the second injection with no physical therapy and it didn't help much at all. I sure would like to hear from some others who have had this problem and been able to beat it. I had to give up the bowling but i sure don't want to give up the motocross. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Really don't know. But my daughter had issues after she did simple trail rides and it was her elbow pad straps.

This pain has nothing to do with elbow pads. It's repetitive motion (twisting throttle) and gripping the bars at the same time. How important is grip size? I know that is an important consideration in racquet sports to prevent tennis elbow (epicondylitis). What about the position of the bars? Does that play a role too? :thumbsup:

Have any of you guys had the surgery for tennis elbow? What was the outcome? Would you recommend it?