Sign in to follow this  

Rejetted ...but have some questions

Hi all,I was rejetted my bike with dj kit & 25pj. But i was just removed the snorkle under the seat & drilled 6 x 1" hole at the right hand side of the air box(installed with uni air vent).The bike was running fine but i still decide to drill more holes on top of the air box to get the nearest surface area to 3x3.

My question is can my action above will work as the 3x3 mod? Due to my bike have many wires between the cdi & the original hole, so i can't open a big 3x3 hole there !! :ride:

Pls help & advise

Regards

Benson :thumbsup:

Six 1" holes = 4.71 sq inches of area. The snorkel hole is about 1.8 sq inches, so you are at about 6.51 sq inches so far. The 3x3 mod is 3"x3" or 9 sq inches, so you need about 2.49 sq inches more. As one 1" round hole is .785 sq inches, another three 1" holes in the top should about do it for you.

3x3 (9 sq. in) is considered the minimun but the jetting according to Eddie aka "Burned" in for 9 sq in. If you go with more holes you'll get more power but will have to run a bit more main jet.

welcome to tt

but the drz is a blast around Hong Kong with all those tight mountain roads and traffic/racetrack streets!

I just rejeted w/3x3 and the bike seems to be a little bit louder? Is this just because the top of the airbox is off??

Sorry such a newbie question, but its my commuter and only a month old!

Thanks,

Adam

I just rejeted w/3x3 and the bike seems to be a little bit louder? Is this just because the top of the airbox is off??

Sorry such a newbie question, but its my commuter and only a month old!

Thanks,

Adam

yes, it is called "intake honk" and is a glorious sound to some (me) :thumbsup:

Thanks DRZROBBCANUK!!

I thought it sounded much better!!!

Great mod, and thanks for eveyones help here at TT!!

Adam :thumbsup: