Sign in to follow this  

Race Tech via Burned shock kit ride review

I knew my shock was tired and in need of service, but these things tend to slowly deteriorate. Getting smacked in the butt and chasing a dancing rear end drove the point home my last time out, so I ordered a 5.7 kg spring (one step stiffer than stock 5.5) a Race Tech shock kit from TT and dropped my shock off at Excel Motorsports and had Burned install the kit.

Got the shock back from Eddie, who set the valving according to my specs (185 lbs, fast trail riding) and I cleaned and greased the linkage and put it on the bike, set the sag to 3.75" and hit the trails at Rampart early this morning. The only adjustment I made from the as delivered shock other than setting the sag was to go two clicks stiffer on rebound (11 out vs. 13) and all I can say Wow! The rear end works beautifully. It has the right balance of feel and plushness on hacky little stuff and it did not give up when I pinned the throttle, pulled back on the bars and hammered it through the bumps. After awhile, I did not even notice the rear end which is a great sign, as it just flat out works. The forks feel better now too, as the back of the bike is so calm. I have .46 springs and 7.5 wt Silkolene set slightly higher than the stock level in my otherwise stock forks. What a sweet suspension package :thumbsup:

Eddie did my suspension a couple of years ago with RT gold valves, and springs. This is the best mod you can do if you are aggressive.